Pre Match | Southampton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 17 | Monday January 4th 20:00h | St. Mary’s Stadium

We were getting better as the half progressed. Hoping that we come out and keep it up from the off in the second half.

3 Likes

Gift them a goal, TAA being casual as fuck, no shot on target, two midfielders playing at centre back, Front three having a competition between to see who’s the worst, Ox as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest, Long punts from the back and being out-pressed…did I miss anything.

3 Likes

hahhahahahaahaha. well in

1 Like

A few tactical adjustments needed at half time to get back in the game. The front three for Southampton are obviously trying to squeeze Thiago when we play it out, so if Ox is to stay on the field, he needs to drop 10 yards back to help the ball come out the back.

As it is, Ox is running forward while we are still trying to beat the Southampton press, so he ends up being 50 yards away from Thiago in the build up.

What is wrong with Trent?

3 Likes

When we get hemmed in at our backend, someone needs to make a dribble to break their 6 men press. Right now we’re playing into their hand, all we are doing is hoofing it up and hoping Mo or Mane can get to the ball first. Yes we have possession, like every game, but we are just getting boxed out and not really threatening.
TAA game have really dropped off, he needs to pick it up, I want to see dribble the ball more instead of passing it back to Hendo or hoofing it.
We still have a chance just got to figure out the way to score.
The team is going through a dry spell for goals, the boys need to make a statement.

YNWA

2 Likes

Shaqiri on 93rd minute guaranteed

3 Likes

Put your fucking silly pens away Jamie. Trent did a mad thing and they scored. That’s it.

4 Likes

No, and we were not pressing them into making mistakes, which of course made Southampton’s game comfortable for them. We lack press and aggression as well as timing. Big half coming up.

1 Like

Monday night football is proper wank.

4 Likes

Nope, we are playing terribly. Completly out of ideas.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA

I was honestly just thinking WTF is with that pen?!?

No Matip? Yet another new centrehalf pairing? Two midfielders coming back from injury starting in midfield?

IWe’re one down, so it’s not all lost yet. Need a reaction after the break.

2 Likes

Rhys for Ox, and Hendo moved to midfield. Thiago will be free and we’ll be able to play…

2 Likes

Yes we have, missed the last 3 games? Starting Ox and Thiago both struggling for fitness against a pressing machine was asking for trouble.

disagree. we completely lack creativity in the middle of the pitch, and it’s not necessarly the CM’s fault. the ball is being flown out to the wide men and the CM are being left out of the game. we know their quality, Ox is a good footballer. But they’re constantly being put under pressure when they receive the ball because guys like Trent/Mo/Sadio aren’t able to give them space with a pass, because the ball is coming in from the touch lines so often instead of vertical passes. it’s very hard to turn the ball when you’re receiving the pass with your face to your own goal.

5 Likes

All due respect, we created almost nothing. Another game where we start with our hands in our pockets too.

7 Likes

0 shots on target. It doesn’t help and I don’t think Forster looks the most confident.

2 Likes

He believed the hype.

1 Like

I doubt it’s the owners dictating Klopp play midfielders in defence.

But what is clear is that Matip is too brittle, Phillips isn’t good enough, Williams isn’t experienced enough and moving Fab and Hendo detracts massively from our midfield.

There is a relaxation of the FFP regulations meaning money really can’t be an excuse if we don’t want to let the window of opportunity with this team and manager close with one less title than we should win.

2 Likes