Pre Match | Southampton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 17 | Monday January 4th 20:00h | St. Mary’s Stadium

If ox comes out for 2nd half ill explode with rage.
Fuck him off for Phillips and put hendo in middle.
Honestly this lack of CB at a top club like lfc is embarrassing. Why on earth we only had 3 CBs of which two are always broke is beyond comprehension

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s been said but fair play to Danny Ings for a great finish.

5 Likes

we did play shit for the most part, no shot on goal. its not like saints are serving a masterclass on defensive end… better in the last 3-5 minutes of the half

3 Likes

Midfield of OX and Gini who both are more out than in the match and Thiago who can not play against a press and when he does have space plays balls that are so floated the opposition defense has twice the time they need to reposition just adds up to nothing going to happen.
Need Hendo in midfield as well as Curtis who al leasts makes himself available. OX and Gini off!

As for Salah …

always liked ingsy, jus a classy dude

2 Likes

Think it’s more than that. Something like last twenty we were much better.

Turning into Delli Alli

I disagree, first half of the first half they were much, much better than us. Second half of the first half, they were a bit better than us, but we did not press them as we are supposed to do, into making mistakes and re-winning the ball, so in the end we created not enough. Every time Southampton went forward it looked very dangerous and they won the ball back with high press much too often (something we rarely did).
If I were a Southampton fan, I might have been thinking we could have had another over us. Their lead is certainly much deserved. They worked for it. A lot. We didn’t really work hard…

2 Likes

Soooo, I no longer like Danny Ings,can’t believe he actually scored against us,ungrateful bastard.

8 Likes

To be fair, so did almost everybody else.

Trent hasn’t become a bad player overnight but his defending has become increasingly shoddy.

3 Likes

Exactly, like I get being positive but we are averaging 3 shots a game… Fuck knows why but anytime we lose a tiny bit of confidence we just go long, over and over and over… Never works, hasn’t worked in all Klopps time here bar a few goals, yet here we go again… Lovely watching Salah go up v’s Yao Ming for 10 a game.

3 Likes

He won’t bring Shaqiri on that early!!

1 Like

Nope, 3 games ago we won 7-0. Coincidentally the last game we had a senior CB fit and playing. The changes to the way the team plays in trying to cover for the makeshift defence are clear and obvious. Found out on all levels? Give over. We wouldn’t be first, escpecially not with our injury record, if we had been found out on all levels. Hell if not for VAR we’d be clear at the top. We’ve played poorly today and the last couple of games. This is unsurprising given the injuries and the fact that two of those games were against teams playing 7-1-2 as a formation

2 Likes

so 20 minutes with no shots on goal?? not even one… last few games we averaging 2-3 shots on goal per GAME mascot

2 Likes

No shots on target!

Ref is atrocious!

Does anyone know how many shots on target we’ve had?

3 Likes

Trent Alexander-Flanagan

3 Likes

All I’m hoping for is for Klopp to make at least one change at HT and not wait until 80min for first sub.

1 Like

It’s a nice round number.

2 Likes