Pre Match | Southampton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 17 | Monday January 4th 20:00h | St. Mary’s Stadium

Hoping to see Thiago start this one. He looked an instant threat when he came on against Newcastle.

At the back I’d go for Williams rather than Philips. I think they are much at the same level but Philips just looked slightly off pace against Newcastle.

We should start to see some players coming back from injury in the next few weeks. If not, it’s transfer time and what better place to go window shopping than Southampton? :wink:

1 Like

We have been shit for a while. We need a smashing win.

4 Likes

I’m sure that Jurgen and his staff will know the players, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

6 Likes

It was you. I remember these posts and wondered why they aren’t here anymore. Welcome back buddy.

3 Likes

Fraser Forster will start vs Liverpool FC tomorrow after Alex McCarthy tested positive for COVID-19.

U know what this means…

2 Likes

Smash us we shit.

2 Likes

Nobody can predict anything this unprecedented season, yet 538 has Citeh now at 65% to win the league. What a great forecasting model. Keep it like this and have us at below 20%.

I hope our coaching team has figured out what we need to do defensively…Maybe even play Millie in place of Trent…

The duet of Fabinho and a kid/Jr CB does not work. Our MF has no confidence as to what’s happening behind them and they don’t press as effectively and can’t carry the ball forward with any confidence. This then affects our chance creation.

At this time the 3 draws against 3 relegation teams leads me to think that the 0-7 win is the anomaly, not the other way around.

Let’s let Southampton play to create chances and if we defend well, and give Thiago 30 mins we’ll score and get the 3 points.

2 Likes

I think it’s critical that Thiago starts as we will need that extra sense of security in front of the makeshift defence.

I also like the idea to put Henderson with Fabinho in defence, with Thiago, then Gini and Ox. I can’t have Jones in my starting lineup atm. The front three need to play through this form. I wish Jota was ok, as I think Bobby really needs some bench time.

Any new injury concerns? Shaq ok? I might start him for Mo, or Bobby with Mo through the centre.

1 Like
1 Like

Mods…

Holly Trinity and all…

3 Likes

Cheers @Iftikhar, it’s good to be back. Great to see so many posters from TIA here. :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

McCarthy has tested positive for covid. My concern is, how many others in Southampton’s squad and their staff might also be infected.

3 Likes

Asked Bubbles what she thinks about the upcoming match. Like a typical 5 months old baby, she puked once and then farted twice. It was extremely difficult to decipher first until I figured out what she meant. She is giving Lawro a run for his money with her prediction. 2-1 to the Reds it is then :grinning:

2 Likes

2 AM kick-off, seriously…

1 Like

I’d prefer they call it off (and quickly) rather than risk anything at all happening that puts our team and staff at risk.

3 Likes

I agree, the game should be postponed.

2 Likes

You’re right, we don’t. Having said that though, I think this time around we, i.e. the team, won’t be approaching the game with the kind of casual, lackadaisical attitude that has been evident after breaks when mentally they’re still on a Dubai beach.

This time the lackadaisical approach has been evident before the break, so they should be highly motivated after being roasted by the boss over the New Year. A draw here would be no good to us at all. It really is a “must-win”.

Not much of a gap though, is it? Five days. Just shows what this season has been like so far.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is a result of the this season. Every team team seems to have had ups and downs. Great thing is our down period is, so far still good enough for us to be top of the league.

I expect us to come good again at some point. Hopefully tonight will be as good a time as any to start.

2 Likes

I can predict that if we don’t win it will be the fault of the ref and VAR in the post match thread.

4 Likes

Surely it must now be called off?

1 Like