Pre Match | Southampton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 17 | Monday January 4th 20:00h | St. Mary’s Stadium

Not sure how the FA is working this out. They have postponed a couple of matches but they allowed Man City match to go on yesterday despite them having 5 players out with Covid? I am thinking that their rationale is that as long pre-match testing rules out positive cases and isolate those positive ones, the matches will go on.

1 Like

Shocked to hear that Keita is out again.

2 Likes

Who???

4 Likes

Unbelievable.!
Might not be the lads fault completely since he arrived, but try as I might, just can’t summon any enthusiasm for this guy’s talents anymore.!

3 Likes

Not a reasonable reaction :innocent:

1 Like

I think you will find it is the Premier League who decide which games are cancelled…not the FA’s competition or their jurisdiction.

The Premier League is wholly owned and managed by the clubs. They formed the EPL to get away from the FA.

1 Like

We’re gonna win 1-0.

8 Likes

I see you have found the unquestionable meaning of the good like Konstantin Levin. So happy for you. Nice way to start 2021.

4 Likes

yeah i just put FA in mindlessly, just referring to the decision making body which you rightly pointed out as PL. My question remain, some matches postponed, some matches went on, I can only guess that as long as pre match testing rules out positive cases within reasonable control, the match will go on and I suppose that is why Man City with 5 positive cases, still played their match against Chelsea while Newcastle had theirs postponed earlier in the season.

1 Like

Pretentious twat. It’s Buzz Lightyear, actually.

2 Likes

Oh you have got up early…

4 Likes

Why does it have to be someone’s fault? If it’s so frustating for you and the rest of us, how do you think that he feels? Rehab isn’t fun.

5 Likes

Thiago in midfield and we’re still fucking moaning about Keita,5-0 to us.

18 Likes

I honestly wasn’t aware that Keita had become uninjured to become injured again.

11 Likes

If he is a top top athlete the lad needs to be 100% committed to the LFC cause. In all honesty, not sure that he is. However, being unawares of his lifestyle and entourage, it would be harsh to judge unfairly if this impacts negatively or not on his overall mindset.
Most players thrive on confidence, yet it is difficult for me to relay any such feelings across to him based purely on his poor track record to date of helping the only cause that matters, that of LFC.!

1 Like

The best predictor of injury is a prior history of injury. Unfortunately, it doesn’t surprise me at all. I think you can chuck Matip in with that group: great players but about as robust as a Tunnock’s Tea Cake.

3 Likes

:joy:

This is gold.

1 Like

Nifty Ifti, for the sake of the forum, I am thinking of cutting my daily coffee intake from 2 cups to 1 cup. I think this will help everyone relax.

3 Likes

Yes, but I need a ruling: if Hendo passes back to Thiago, should we complain about a back pass?

3 Likes

Not when Thiago then plays the ball beautifully through to one of our forwards to score.

4 Likes