Pre Match Thread Leeds Vs Liverpool 19th April 8pm

Now we are out of the CL we need to finish top four to salvage our season.

Its crunch time now, and I am confident we can secure it.

However just in case I am starting the match thread :wink: 100% record needs to continue!

11 Likes

Sweet thank you for opening the thread.

1 Like

Leedsā€™ team news from WhoScored:

• Leeds are boosted by the return of Jack Harrison, who missed their shock win over Manchester City due to the terms in his loan agreement.
  • Liam Cooper begins a a three-match suspension for his straight red card against City last time out. Pascal Struijk or Robin Koch will deputise here.
  • Raphinha came off injured against City but Marcelo Bielsa doesnā€™t think it is anything serious and he should be fine to feature here. Rodrigo remains a doubt, however.
1 Like

Was interesting to hear Kloppā€™s assesment of Realā€™s ā€œman to manā€ defending. He said something pretty similar about Leeds (also about Atalanta).

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if he kept the XI from the other night with Jota in for Bobby being the only change. Think heā€™ll want the more mobile and more dangerous 1v1 option up there to exploit the gaps they leave.

The other question is who starts alongside Fabinho and Gini. I think Millie might just about keep his place for another game. Or potentially a ā€œnewā€ start for Jones out of nowhere.

Maybe weā€™ll just want to replicate the start we had against Real with 1 change and take it from there.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take the team against Real but two changes. Thiago in for Gini and Jota for Bobby as you said.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll also be making 2 changes here. I will bring Tsimikas in for Robo,and Jota in for Bobby.
I thought we were very good against Madrid with the exception of scoring some sitters.
Tell Milner to go all out 1st half so we can bring Thiago in. This is not an easy game as Leeds are a
very good team.

2 Likes

So not the team that started v Real then. Hahaha

1 Like

Ali
Trent Philips Kabak Robbo
Thiago Fab Milner
Shaq Salah Jota

First of all, hate the fact that this is on Monday night. Donā€™t think we have a good record for that.

Itā€™s going to be a wild game because of Leeds/Bielsas style. Could be 4-3 again.

Must win for us.

1 Like

Leeds will be a challenge, the most difficult game in the remainder of the season apart from the scum. They will harass and press from the first minute. They will also leave gaps at the back so it would be nice to take our chances for once.

Just hope that there is enough left in the tank after Wednesdayā€™s exertions. We need all 3 points no matter what.

1 Like

This is no given.

Another big test for our slow defence, Jota for Mane or bobby and Gini , Fabinho and Thiago in midfield. We must take our chances or we are in trouble as Leeds will score.

smartass :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Surely Thiago gets back into the side as he was rested against Madrid? Iā€™d take off Gini if Milner is fit enough to start again. Jones might be reintroduced into the team progressively after his injury, maybe from the bench for this game.

Itā€™s a pity that no crowds are allowed. Elland Road is a proper traditional English ground. When they were promoted, I was looking forward to see our lads play in front of a packed crowd in that stadium. Oh wellā€¦ next season hopefully!

Fingers crossed that our lads will find the strength in themselves to beat this difficult opponent after the mid-week disappointment. Three points are crucial in order to keep the pressure on the other teams fighting for a top four spot.

If our lads can put in the same level of effort and commitment, then they have a good chance to win this match.

1 Like

Rested from what? :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think he was rested.

Oh yeah, forgot that Jones was out injured.

Thatā€™s my preferenceā€¦ Milner + Fabinho + Thiagoā€¦ Introduce Jones after 60mins for Milner.

We have to have Milner starting each game even if he comes off at half time. The lack of that type of lead from the front level from the rest of the team is sadly lacking.

1 Like

Bring on the top four cup! yeeesh this is so 2011.

I think mentality is the key for this and the rest of our games. With that in mind Milly is going to be crucial for the run in.

2 Likes

:+1:

Too bad that the FA disided that we have to play 13 man again.

Referee: Anthony Taylor (pictured). Assistants: Gary Beswick, Stuart Burt. Fourth official: Lee Mason. VAR : Mike Dean. Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton.

Jota for ManĆ© as things stand, Firmino seems to be coming into form from what Iā€™m seeing. ManĆ© on the other hand isnā€™t doing the business up front atm looks frustrated which imo isnā€™t a good sign or place to be.

1 Like

If he wasnā€™t rested (or hadnā€™t a fitness issue), then Iā€™m a bit at a loss to understand why Klopp refused to line him up as a starter in both games against Madrid. He has the kind of experience youā€™d want for such a tie.