Pre Match Thread Leeds Vs Liverpool 19th April 8pm

Alisson, Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Gini, Fabinho, Milner, Thiago, Salah, Jota.

I also thought he’d probably start in one of the two if not both legs, but obviously Klopp didn’t think he’s good enough at this very moment. He’s not doomed, but I don’t think it was physical or that he was rested. Purely tactical. Like the decision in/out with Keita. Leeds are a very intense side and I think Klopp might keep the side that played well the opening part of the game against Real to replicate more of the same. Plus, Jota in for Bobby as a more mobile option, stronger 1v1 and goal threat, able to exploit spaces Leeds risk with when they play their game (though they were highly efficient against City, 2 shots all game, 2 shots on target and 2 goals).

1 Like

Interesting, that would be a diamond or narrow 4-4-2? I don’t think we ever played in a similar XI.

Diamond with Thiago at the tip providing the bullets for Jota and Mo.

Milner has started in four of our last five games. Robertson, Wijnaldum, and Mane are knackered. Would we try to squeeze another game out of them and rest them against Newcastle, who is more docile than Leeds?

My feeling is, Wijnaldum and Mane wouldn’t start. I would fancy something like:

Alisson
TAA Nat Ozan Robertson
Fabinho
Milner Thiago
Shaqiri
Salah Jota

But Klopp would probably play Firmino instead of Shaqiri in 433.

We played a 442 diamond against Palace won 7-0. Shiism try it again

If we win this we get top 4. Imo.

4 Likes

Probably tested positive for covid earlier a reason Thiago’s minutes are managed? Might impact some players more than others I presume.

1 Like

I really doubt the FA make the appointments. The PGMOL surely make the appointments.

The FA have little influence on the Premier League since they broke away.

1 Like

Shitty officials, speedy attackers; great test for Ozan and Nat. :pray: :muscle:

Come on reds

It will be immense if blueshite and Spurs stays a draw too

2 Likes

Neither of these will be of any relevance providing we do what we have to over the last 7 games. Leicester and West Ham are the 2 that matter.

1 Like

That’s a big IF the way the season has been

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good point.

Was watching the replay of our Leeds game. It was a cracker.

1 Like

West Ham lost so thats a huge motivation for us. Its not entirely within our own hands but we can only win the points in games we can play. Looking at the Situation, we do have a very good chance of top 4 if we have a perfect run.

6 weeks ago it looked as if we wouldn’t even finish in the top third of the table. With a win we can jump back to fourth - at least for 24 hours.

But teams who want to beat Leeds will have to invest a lot of energy. Expecting a wild game.

Maybe to match/counter their energy it’s not only about energy, but knowledge and technique. Similar to how Real knocked us out. Surely we have to be up for it in terms of running, but you’d also hope we can cause them real problems by playing “through them” (they can do that also, they did it, but hopefully we can do better). Also keep the ball when we have to.

1 Like

A very difficult game aganist a very solid and full of enthusiasm team that will attack us from the first minute.
The most important thing for the players is to use every situation and be more ruthless in front of goal.
We scored only one goal vs. Wolves, then against Villa we missed 3 good situations in the firs half, Villa immediatley scored and we had a mountain to climb /lucky to score in the final minute/ and against Real Madrid once again we missed several very good opportunities to score.

Problem is when Salah has troubles in front of goal, we become toothless. Mane and Firmino do not deliver this season and midfield is not helping at all. It is an absolute joke that TAA has scored the same amount of goals /2 goals/ as AOC, Keita, Henderson, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Jones, Tiago and Milner combined.

We need to score from our first or second chance and try to hit Leeds with the speed of Salah and Mane on the counter attack. Forwards need to be more concentrated, because teams defend deep against us and we won’t have too many situations to score goals.

And it is time for the midfielders to step up, last 2 seasons the fullbacks had to do it all on their own, being the most creative parts of Klopp’s machine, but this season Robbo and Trent’s form has dipped /opponents also figured out how to defend better against them/ and that had an awful impact on our overall performances.

The problem is that we can’t afford to make too many mistakes with our league position. We need to win and put pressure on West Ham, Leicester and Chelsea.

And speaking about midfield, im my opinion the club need to make serious changes in that department and help Klopp sign new faces who will deliver and improve the current squad.
AOC, Keita, Shaqiri need to go. In my opinion Tiago is not the right player for Klopp too, but I think he will stay. Fabinho, Henderson, Jones and Milner will be the basis and hopefully at least two new faces will be added in midfield. Aouar, Gravenberch, Bissouma are several players with bags of potential and will be available for transfer.