Pre Match Thread Leeds Vs Liverpool 19th April 8pm

Our exit from the CL provides clarity and it provides focus.

We know what we have to do, we have seven PL matches, and we need to win nearly all of them.

If we do, given that others around us face each other, we have a good chance of securing top 4.

Most players are fit, other than long term absentees, and we have a bit of form.

It will not be easy, especially as you just know the officials are going to try and screw us over, but all we can do is our best.

Good luck to the lads tomorrow.

So, erm do we still have to win to finish top4 or we get invited to the Super Bullshit League anyway?

2 Likes

Does this even matter now?

1 Like

Absolutely no way we’re winning this.

Not after the announcement. We got a slap off the referees after Big Picture. Anthony Taylor will be only too happy to oblige.

5 Likes

Don’t worry we’ve qualified for Europe…

3 Likes

I bet Clattenberg has already sent his cv in.

1 Like

Anthony Taylor works for our good friends at Manchester United - we are in the same team now.

2 Likes

This game doesn’t matter anymore. It’s basically become a pre season friendly.

I will be watching but only for the analysis and comments on how much of a bullshit idea this Super a league is.

Greed - how to kill football.

2 Likes

Yeah this games dead to me in a sense I might watch it for football reasons but it’s no longer got anything riding on it, if the league starts as planned in August we won’t be playing in the CL, and unless the league works with UEFA and decides to start in 2022 we still won’t be invited next year.

I see a real danger for us with that ill-timed announcement: the players might take their eyes off the ball tonight, thinking that there isn’t much pressure anymore. We then lose a series of further points, find ourselves out of the top four at the end of the season. Then, that stupid idea of a super league gets binned because the big clubs find an agreement with UEFA. We are deprived of any big European competition, and can wave bye bye to any telling reinforcements over the summer.

Unfortunately, this scenario might turn out as quite realistic. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yup, not to mention it probably drives Leeds on, not sure why it was announced after the Man Utd match but before ours.

And people talk of this being corruption free

I fear that fsg really think that it doesn’t play any role, hence the timing being of no relevance. That will inevitably rub off on the players, as it always does in this kind of circumstances.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve gone from confident to having no expectation and oddly wondering if come 8pm I might even care. It’s sad

2 Likes

Come on lads, pull up your socks. Let’s give it all for the last T4 Trophy in the history. :muscle:

1 Like

“These upstarts need teaching a lesson. Who’s up first? Liverpool? Ah well, just tell Anthony it’s business as usual”

we’ll be lucky to get a throw-in. 2-0 Leeds.

2 Likes

Yeah Brighton will get a decent result on Tuesday as well, or will they just fuck us over as usual.

Think it will go the other way this time.

Salah trips over his shoelace in midfield, penalty to Liverpool.
Dallas breathed within five feet of Wijnaldum, straight Red.

No messing with the big boys, when they got you by your nuts.

Oh well for once I can watch with no pressure as it looks like we can lose all our remaining games and we still qualify for the Super League :grinning: tough luck Leicester and West Ham. No money and no plastic fans so you are not wanted.

2 Likes

Leicester is an odd one as they do have a lot of money, wonder if they were next on the list.

Anyhow yeah depends if Anthony Taylor is eyeing up a job in the super league.

Well sorry to be a parrot but as others have said this game, and all other domestic fixtures, seem utterly irrelevant now.

3 Likes