Pre Match Thread Leeds Vs Liverpool 19th April 8pm

Nope, not for me. Hope we can treat this as an important game and leave all the political bullshit out of this thread during the game and concentrate on how shit our players perform.

This ESL announcement is terrible timing for us with the game tonight, even though theyā€™ll say the opposite, players are bound to be distracted. Plus weā€™ve given Leeds extra motivation to smash us. For once I am glad that there is no crowd as I think it would be a toxic atmosphere.

3 Likes

Purposely done before our game. ESL is already bent.

1 Like

Have anyone watched the pre-match press conference by Klopp? What have he said?

Iā€™ve decided not to do a match review today.

Itā€™s my protest against the ESL proposal.

5 Likes

Do we have to listen to ratboy tonight?

1 Like

Iā€™d forgive the players for doing a City vs Middlesborough tonight.

As we grow older and realize more clearly the limitations of human happiness, we come to see that the only real and abiding pleasure in life is to make everyone else as miserable as ourselves. It was obviously this sentiment that motivated the owners of the various clubs that have chosen to form the European Super League.

It is a decision that has had profound impact upon the Lowton household. For persons of spirit such as Boudica and myself, who affirm that the only happy marriage is one which is based on a firm foundation of almost incessant quarrelling, the meeting of minds on the topic has been somewhat disconcerting

So much so that it has taken the wind out of my pre-match bulletin. I was going to say something unique and uplifting such as ā€œThis is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. Itā€™s an absolutely must win gameā€, but it seems rather pointless now. It doesnā€™t matter where we might finish in the league, we are guaranteed our spot in the ESL, so why even bother turning up at Eland Road?

Letā€™s be honest, with Anthony ā€œold bluemoonā€ Taylor as ref, and Mike ā€œthe carrotā€ Dean on VAR we could never expect anything other than being consistently and persistently short changed in the fifty-fifty decision department. But now, no problem, they can do their worst, the result really doesnā€™t matter.

I canā€™t even be bothered to rectify the misinformation emanating from the keyboard of @Klopptimist (a fine figure of a young fellow as far northwards as the neck, but above that solid concrete), regarding fire-breathing unicorns.

Finally, not with any conviction but rather out of habit, and besides which it might be considered bad form not to mention it:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! (well someone had to say it) :roll_eyes:

Iā€™ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

6 Likes

:pleading_face:

Thanks @Lowton_Red I thought you wouldnā€™t write either.

1 Like

Interestingly I saw the unicornsā€™ quadrupedal cousins chasing over Slag Lane in the direction of the tip earlier. Seemingly the grass is, erm, different over there.

Weā€™ll thrash them, 6 of the best trousers down.

2 Likes

Go on, donā€™t let the bastards grind you down :slight_smile:

Leeds United players are planning to wear T-shirts pre match tonight that say:

ā€˜Earn it on the pitch. Football is for the fans.ā€™ - [@MattCritchley1]

2 Likes

Outside Elland Road.

4 Likes

Liverpool make two changes at Elland Road, with Thiago Alcantara and Diogo Jota coming into the starting line-up. Nathaniel Phillips misses out due to a minor hamstring issue.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Kabak, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Mane, Jota, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Keita, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Davies, R. Williams, N. Williams.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am trying to think about the game, but my heart is not in it. :sleepy:

4 Likes

Salah benched ā€¦ wtf ?

1 Like

No Phillips and Mo on bench.

1 Like

ā€¦ and Fabinho drops back to CB again. Not that this seems to matter any more. I can see Davies signing for Celtic at the end of the season after all.

3 Likes

Saving him for our opening ESL match. Heā€™ll be starting for RM against us

4 Likes