Pre Match Thread : Liverpool vs Leeds United 12/09/2020; 17:30 BST

I still struggling to get used to the new home and trying to navigate my way round. I feel kind of lost at the moment. :pensive:

It is nice to see old friends here, but I keep going hack to the old home, just to have a look.

13 Likes

Me too, but I remember feeling the same when TIA moved to xenforo. I hated it, but within a couple of weeks it was fine.

1 Like

With everyone else gunning for usā€¦ We need to start off on a winning note.

Defending PL Champs take this 2-0

1 Like

I think the tactics Leeds players adopted In the community shield final that day was most certainly an ā€˜up yoursā€™ to their new manager Brian Cloughā€¦!
It was his first game in charge and he had specifically told them he intended to get them playing in an honest and fair manner under his guidanceā€¦
To drive their ā€˜player powerā€™ point home to Cloughā€¦ could anyone be surprised that they lost five of the first six games in the league (even though they were the reigning champions from the season before)ā€¦ took 44 days to oust Clough from the jobā€¦!!!
We all know who laughed last thoughā€¦ within fours years he won the European Cup with Nottingham Forestā€¦ whom he inherited whilst they were still in the old second divisionā€¦

At the time of the Charity Shield gameā€¦ it can be truthfully saidā€¦ Leeds had as good a platform as Liverpool to go and dominate the way we did in the following decadeā€¦
Hard to imagine when they seem to have festered for so long in the Championshipā€¦!!!
Relegation fodder again me thinks this seasonā€¦
Will be too much pressure for their players to perform from their fanatical fanbaseā€¦!

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a movie about this guy, right?

3 Likes

Expect to be up to the intensity needed close affair with us running away last 20-30 min.
Looking forward to this oneā€¦

Tricky startā€¦ Biesla will look to cause us problems. Sort of glad itā€™s behind closed doors still as their fans would be right up for this as they are back in the EPL, obviously ours would to all things considered but feel like it will play into our favour more.

2-1

Milnerā€™s and Robboā€™s Twitter handles are GOLD! :rofl:

1 Like

First proper game of the season, so a prediction is necessary.

This got all the signs of a 0-0 game at the 70 min mark. TAN will have itā€™s first meltdown in the in-match thread, but then weā€™ll knock in two late goals.

4 Likes

They are gonna get a massive lesson tomorrow - expecting us to be up by at least 3 by half time.
Could b a cricket score by the end of it.
Welcome to the big-time.

1 Like

Hoping for a great start to our campaign. Wonā€™t be easy but a nice 2-0 start will do me nicely

1 Like

Just saw the ā€œinside trainingā€ film on LFCTV go. We have a full squad, even Shaqiri is fit, when was the last time nobody was injured?

These ARE the goals youā€™ve been waiting for :slight_smile:

Three points. Nothing else matters.

There was a movieā€¦ not watched myself so canā€™t comment if it did Clough justiceā€¦
All I can say with certaintyā€¦ If he had been made England manager at the timeā€¦ He would have won the World Cupā€¦ maybe more than once! He was that good a managerā€¦
Unfortunatelyā€¦ he was too outspoken and clever for the crusty old FA Committee that needed to vote him inā€¦ no doubt running scared of himā€¦!
His teams were hard to beat but he never ever played defensivelyā€¦!

1 Like

Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out.

Re Clough:
He would only have won stuff when Peter Taylor was his assistant. His record without Taylor was ordinary. Clough was the mouth, Taylor was the brains.

Re tomorrow:
Got a weird feeling now that Jones starts and Gini on the bench.

1 Like

Only Chamberlain on the treatment table.

Yes, I forgot about the Ox, thanks almost full squad :sunglasses: