Pre-Match | Tottenham v Liverpool | PL Game 20 | Thursday January 28th 20:00h | TH Stadium

If those are all fit and start, I’d go with the tried and trusted Henderson at RCM and Gini at LCM. This would allow the fullbacks to play naturally, and provide good cover.

I understand people want Thiago out of the DCM slot, but your positioning has the midfield together new positions.

Our midfield is quite fluid anyway. Henderson and Thiago can alternate at times.

1 Like

Next two games are season defining games… We need to get 6 points from them to have a chance at the title. Come on Mighty REDS!!!

1 Like

My most hated team of the last few years. Let’s fuck these fucking fucks.

If Harry the bastard does his usual “have a quick look before backing into a jumping defender potentially causing serious injury” bit, I’m going to lose what’s left of my mind. Hate hate hate hate hate these shithouses.

Time to dish out the hiding we’ve been saving up for the past month.

9 Likes

If Matip’s fit, I’d play Henderson and him in the middle and move Fabinho back to where he belongs with Wijnaldum and Thiago. A stormer away from home by Firmino and we’ll walk this. “It’s Spurs” as bacon face said.

1 Like

Bobby to score the winner for us in this one. This is his game. He loves playing Spurs. I can picture it already. Those pearly whites beaming with joy after a moment of magic that sparks our season back to life.

4 Likes

I am confident we are going to win this match.

Or not.

2 Likes

Every game is a must-win game, a season-defining game. It’s not necessarily better to lose points in one match over another. This attitude that some league games are season-defining games only reinforce a narrative rather than reflect reality. It wasn’t season-defining when United lost those games that put the manager’s future in doubt, it wasn’t season-defining when City got off to a shit start.

1 Like

Yeah but we don’t have a “tried and trusted” in that trio. Thiago is new.

We sometimes don’t push both full backs equally as high, Klopp already spoke about this a few months ago, that we’re deliberately using Trent in a different way. Sometimes we do it with Robbo as well. I don’t think our left side with Robbo and Mane would suffer having Thiago there. It’s on the right side where it’s more open with Trent (even more when he struggles with form) and Salah.

I’m just looking at it logically. Gini usually plays LCM and only covers #6 if we don’t have 2-3 players there. Fabinho is at CB. Hendo is our most important midfielder, but he might still be needed at CB for the rest of this season. For Thiago, defensively it might be too much too early for him to play #6 all the time. Especially in a big game like this, that #6 zone might be a real important battle.

We haven’t played much with that trio, I think only one game so far and that was when Gini came off the bench at St. James’ Park. He went to RCM. Thiago is our best technical midfielder and one of our most technical players overall, I’d have him at LCM ideally as much as possible. #6 is also very much an option for him of course. But for me, given the current situation, I think it’s best to have Hendo back in front of our defence.

1 Like

We are gonna win this,no ifs,no buts,the mid season rest is well over lads,just get the fuck out there and do us proud!

2 Likes

I don’t understand, last night the Chelsea game was on 12 AM (local time). Why did they schedule our game on 2 AM? :pleading_face:

There were several games last night so they staggered the times.

Only us playing tonight so we get prime-time slot.

1 Like

Apart from City, at the moment I can see everyone dropping points. Just hope tonight is when we turn the corner. I doubt we can afford to drop very many points at all now if we hope to mount a challenge to them. I don’t want to end up in a dogfight with Leicester, Everton and Spurs…

I suspect we will at least pull clear of the first two soon though.

I’m in a strange mood for this one, On the one hand I feel confident/optimistic in getting a win but on the other hand, I’m also resigned to the result - any result. It’s like the pressure/expectation is off and from what I caught of the last two games, we are actually looking a bit better than we were when we won against them at Anfield. As long as the performance is good, I’ll be ok with that. Of course if the performance is good, and, we win - then that would be just dandy!

As far as the team goes, as long as Henderson isn’t in the back 4 and we don’t have Ox and Mini on at the same time, we should be ok.

I feel a bit like that too…just don’t feel as nervous as usual because I actually don’t expect much…

Actually understand that. But that lowering of expectation is annoying me. We should be wanting more.

1 Like
1 Like

No one wants less and there are always ebbs and flows, peaks and troughs in a season - we’ve (hopefully) just had our trough…

It’s funny though, we seem to do post Christmas quite badly in general…

1 Like

I should have realized that was the spam site.

Exactly, with the exception of last season, we generally screw up in January. Roll on February :slight_smile: I just hope we can finish the month in style.

Fingers crossed Fab is fit!

If Fabinho comes down with an injury we might as well kiss the season goodbye.

1 Like