Pre Match: Union St Gauloises Away - Thursday 14th December 17.45 GMT, 18.45 CET, 04.45 AEDT

I’m rather enjoying seeing new sides from different countries for a change.

Interestingly, when we first won this competition in 1973, we played a total of 4 different German sides: Eintracht Frankfurt, Dynamo Berlin, Dynamo Dresden, and Supercalifragilisticborussiamönchengladbach.

2 Likes

Must win game.

I hope Nunez plays. He needs gain some sharpness.

1 Like

Kelleher
Bradley Quansah Chambers Scanlon
McConnell Endo Clark
Gordon Gakpo Doak

Is Clark even fit though? I’d like to see him if he is.

Wanted Gakpo from the start against Palace today, didn’t happen, so I guess he’ll have to play at least a part here.

We’ll hear more from Klopp’s presser to get a clearer idea for this.

Bradley and Nyoni.

To be honest I’d probably leave Gakpo and Gomez at home as well.

Only one person on this forum can use this gif.

Will probably be a stronger line-up than we expect with much angst in the pre-match thread.

Should just look to take the sting out of the game. Nobody needs to run themselves into the ground. Conserve energy, waste time, if we lose 3-0 nobody cares.

1 Like

Give the starting 11 against the mancs a rest.
Hell send the under 18s.

Gakpo - “Where is everyone”

black friday rei GIF

2 Likes

Klopp will go with a stronger side but I do hope we see some youngsters more out of interest.

Be interesting as I feel Salah has to feature in Europe as part of his contract so if he indeed does then bring him on in the 93rd min.

Jaros
Chambers Quansah Bradley
Clarke Scanlon Koumas McConnel
Doak Frauendorf Gordon

That’s my election, make of that what you want.
Most important at this point of the season is avoiding injuries imo.

1 Like

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Quansah Chambers
Elliott Endo Jones
Doak Gakpo Scanlon

Something like that maybe. I wouldn’t go with a full U21 side, that’s not good for the lads they’d get destroyed.

4 Likes

11 guys who didn’t play today or on Wednesday

Not Ali

Not Trent, Not Konate, Not VVD, anyone.

Not Dom, anyone, Not Mac

Not Mo, anyone, anyone

2 Likes

The following should go for a trip or stay home they shouldn’t be near the team sheet.

Alisson
Trent
VVD
Szoboszlai
Macallister
Salah
Diaz
Nunez

The rest should be a mixture of starts and bench appearances (Gomez and players like that)

Gakpo probably should play but then it depends where Jota is, I assume it’s closer than expected with him running but we are probably still talking Christmas or slightly beyond.

I do want to go reasonably strong the following week so some of these guys need a rest with the closeness of the three games next week and then Burnley on Boxing Day.

After that there is a 5 day break, if we go out of the league cup then the space and intensity of games becomes even less.

1 Like

Could give some players a confidence boost if we win 0:25 however could backfire if we only have a narrow win, draw or lose.
1:1!

I’m hoping Jota will be back for the West Ham game, would be a great option to have for that.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, Diogo here. My mate Craig has let me use his account. Cheers Craig!
Anyway, I hope you all realise I’m more than just an ‘option’ for league cup matches. I’m a top international striker with a strike rate of a goal every half an hour or so and I’m fuckin ace on Xbox FIFA thingy.
If anyone wants to come over for some gaming and pizza, hit me up.
I’ll be back IRL soon and firing LFC to the title.
And stop looking at pics of my wife.
Obrigado,
Dio

5 Likes

Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Quansah, Chambers, Elliott, Endo, Jones Gakpo, Doak, Danns.