Pre Match: Union St Gauloises Away - Thursday 14th December 17.45 GMT, 18.45 CET, 04.45 AEDT

Just seen some comments from the press conference.

It looks like the Macca injury is worse than thought. The stud had gone through to the bone, so they are waiting for that to heal before training.

He’ll miss at least the United game.

Line up for tomorrow will be a “mix of experience and youth”.

Doesn’t make out it’s really bad though, like that tweet was yesterday.

1 Like

We need to be careful, banana skin this.

1 Like

Would love for Tom Hill to play.

1 Like

Union SG have no missing players for this game.

It seems Mac Allister is likely to play tomorrow after all.

What position does he play?

CM/AM mostly, but he’s played every position except for GK in the youth leagues.

He was a really promising player but missed almost two full years with injury. 21 now but with the playing experience of an 18 year old. Still doing well when he gets a game for the U21s.

I don’t expect him to become a first team player, I just think he deserves the experience of making a first team squad after all the injury problems.

2 Likes

Anyone know when this injury was sustained? Was it the first few minutes at Sheff Utd?

That looked like a red card challenge. Might be something later in the game but if that was the one we should be making more of it.

2 Likes

Yeah it was stud into the knee which went straight to the bone.

I assume they effectively may need it heal naturally I assume as soon as he can run on it it will be fine but they are trying to encourage it healing quicker with as little pressure on it.

As Klopp said it’s day to day but doesn’t think he would play Man Utd (probably more due to the thank even if declared fine tomorrow it would be two training sessions).

100% you can be certain that the doper and his Lego man sidekick would. This sort of ‘nice guy’ stuff from Jurgen and the club just makes it much easier for refs and opponents to stick it to us. Really wish weren’t so naive about this.

1 Like

I’m quite pleased our manager isn’t a whiny crybaby.

2 Likes

Jota
Jota Jota Jota Jota
Jota
Jota Jota
Jota Jota Jota

Something like that.

That’s an irresponsible team selection. If one of those Jota’s got injured, we’d be in trouble.

1 Like

I guess certain starters are the likes of Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Chambers, Elliott and Doak.

Gomez probably doesn’t start the United game, so I think he starts here at CB with Quansah. Konate for United (and hopefully an improved one!).

With the latest news around Mac (not fit for United), Endo will probably start against United, so we’ll see if he starts here. He played 45mins against Palace. If not him, McConnell might get a start at #6. Jones might be another alternative.

The LCM role for United is a little bit up for grabs. We’re not getting impressive stuff from even Szoboszlai, Jones or Gravenberch lately. There could be a case for Elliott RCM and Szobo at LCM. I think I’d go with Szobo and Jones (more experience than Gravenberch) against United, so I’d start Elliott and Gravenberch here.

Doak surely starts, only depends on which wing. I’m looking forward to seeing Gordon after a long time. Maybe go with them two on the sides. Then perhaps share the game centrally between Gakpo and Nunez. I’d want both of them in the XI for United, but we’ll also see how tonight pans out.

3 Likes

I’d say that is the most likely line-up for tonight. Since Klopp said that we would “really go for it”, there will be a at least one senior starter in each department. I hope none of those senior starters play the full match though.

And yeah, in my opinion Diaz, Szoboszlai and Tsimikas should not play at all today (they were among the most used players lately).

2 Likes

Would like to keep this going…

1 Like

Nunez on the bench then.

:joy:

Didn’t remember the 50th anniversary. It would be nice to mark that.

1 Like