Pre Match. West Brom vs Liverpool. EPL. Sunday 16th May.16.30

Probably another game where we struggle to break them down, a couple of early goals needed.

1 Like

Alisson
TAA Phillips Kabak Robertson
Fab
Thiago Jones
Salah Firminho Mane

Would not be surprised to see Jota and Ox involved in this at some stage - maybe even Shaqiri.

Since getting dropped by Southgate - TAA has improved magnificently.

WBA will be playing for pride only - an early goal will show them the error of that line of thinking.

Sam will probably be reconsidering his decision to come out of retirement after this.

4-1

2 Likes

1-0, 10-9, 35-9

I donā€™t care. Just win.

6 Likes

I care! That would be cool as fuck.

6 Likes

the win against manure was the best medicine after our results that scuppered our season
Now I hope it inspires the lads to go an un-endless winning run

The remaining games are all vital to us,we need to go out against Fat Sams lads to belt them,carry on from where we left the Mancs will do nicely.
If Kabak is fit he will surely start,would like to see Milly at some stage.
I suppose it is how Klopp sees Mane and his ongoing attitude as to whether he starts,not sure Iā€™d bother unless he is really fired up though.

I would be surprised if any WBA player ever crosses the halfway line.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what would happen if we finished on equal points and equal GD with Leicester. Is it decided on our head to head games?

EDIT Just found thisā€¦ the team who have collected the most points in the head-to-head duels between the sides.

If clubs still cannot be separated, the team who scored the most goals away from home in the head-to-head matches will get the highest position.

So that means we would get 4th place spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sinauL6fH3g

Kloppā€™s presser came the morning after the game, maybe it was too early for such updates. Better for everyone that we donā€™t know. I doubt Millie will start anyway. Maybe Kabak.

0-4 :sunglasses: shorty

I keep seeing this, who withdrew the post you or the mods.

It was me.

2 Likes

Edit:

Goals Scored comes first.

Need to win all three obviously. Wouldnā€™t worry too much about goal difference until the Palace match, when weā€™ll know what we have to do if weā€™ve won the other two.

A quick turnaround this one, would start the same 11 as at United unless Kabak can come back and maybe Milner into midfield for Gini. Wouldnā€™t be starting Jones.

Mane needs to sit on the bench, he has done nothing to warrant a starting place ahead of Bobby, Mo or Jota, all of whom scored the other night. As a unit they also work better.

2 Likes

His fingers get itchy and his brain is in lockdown mode. :wink:

1 Like

Come on reds.

Early goal and a bit of a chance to put a few on the goal difference

1 Like

If we miss out on top 4 Iā€™m sure the club and JK will put on a brave face but missing out on CL will be a disaster. Iā€™m pretty sure match day revenues wil climb back near to normal next season but CL is worth Ā£70 -100 million to us and there is no way of easily clawing that back from anywhere.

Weā€™ve been given a lifeline, done the hard part (beat United at the Toilet) and now weā€™ve got to get across the line. Three teams with nothing to play for and they will all approach it in the same way. Fat Sam will try the old rope-a-dope we saw at Anfield. All 11 players in the middle third of the pitch and hope we canā€™t find a way through and will resort to crosses into the box for his grocks to head away.

Weā€™ve got to start fast. I donā€™t want to see anyone dwelling on the ball (Gini, Iā€™m looking at you). I want us to be pinging it about. Pullling them all over the pitch. Trying stuff. If they get the ball I want us all over them like a rash. Donā€™t give them a second to breathe. Leave everything on the pitch like we did on Thursday and just win.

17 Likes

We need to win all three games and score a few goals to boost our goal difference to be certain of CL next season. I fully expect us to be up for the job tomorrow despite the anti football tactics of big Sam. What was pleasing against Utd was TAAā€™s shot for the 3rd goal. Keeper didnā€™t gather and it fell to Bobby. We need to take more risks like this rather than try and walk the ball into the net.

3 Likes

Quick shout for Leicester. Well done for beating Chelski. Also well done to Brendan Rodgers, who as we all know, is a top manager. Just didnā€™t work out for him at Liverpool. Gave us a few good years though.

1 Like