Pre Match. West Brom vs Liverpool. EPL. Sunday 16th May.16.30

Leicester would have to beat Tottenham by at least 3 for this scenario to be possible…

1 Like

The run out of last season set the tone for this, utterly dreadful. Hopefully, the run out of this season sets the tone for next. ATTACK!!!

1 Like

So do we want Chelsea to beat Leicester on Tuesday to help us.

Can we wait until tomorrow to think about that?

No, we have the best opportunity of overtaking Chelsea.

3 Likes

If we can not beat WB at least once in a season we have no business finishing T4.

5 Likes

There are pros and cons. If Leicester win Chelsea may need to win the CL to get in next year (and i’d prefer to see them win the CL than City) but i’d have to say that the better result for us is Chelsea winning. There’s more chance of Leicester losing to Spurs last game than Chelsea losing to Villa and if Leicester lose both we could actually get 4th even if we lose one of the remaining 3 games.

Its good that its in our hands but a little safety margin is always a bonus.

2 Likes

:thinking:

Referee: Mike Dean. Assistants: Mark Scholes, Darren Cann. Fourth official: Andy Madley. VAR: Kevin Friend. Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

Assuming we keep winning, the final day looks like this with a…

Leicester win:

Leicester 69
Liverpool 66
Chelsea 64

…or a Chelsea win:

Chelsea 67
Liverpool 66
Leicester 66

A Leicester win against Chelsea means that even with a Chelsea win @ Villa we can likely get through with a draw. Otherwise, we have to match Leicester’s result on the final day (and the GD could end up out of our hands).

And if we slip up before the final day, only a Leicester win (@ Chelsea) leaves us in control of our own fate (tied on 64 points with Chelsea).

1 Like

Thats assuming they both lose their second game. Which is more likely for you, Chelsea losing to villa or leicester losing to spurs?

No, it’s assuming 1 game left to play.

If we agree that Chelsea are more likely to beat Villa than Leicester are to beat Spurs, it’s better for us that they can only reach 67 points - which means a win vs. Palace is not compulsory. (Again, assuming we take maximum points from West Brom and Burnley. If we do not, it is even more important that Chelsea don’t beat Leicester, which would put us behind both teams instead of one.)

I see…when Bobby was having a mare of a stretch and Klopp stuck with him, some were calling to bench him. Now Mane is on the receiving end of the same treatment.

Hope the boss continues to do what he does best. Disregard all of us.

4 Likes

Woke up this morning and ‘forever young’ by Alphaville (i like this https://youtu.be/rQi8wEHMm5Y version more) was on the radio.

‘hoping for the best but expecting the worst’ that’s always how I feel when we play WBA and/or Allardyce.

1 Like

He’s already said they’ll be playing for the draw. God help us if we see a repeat of the first half against these at Anfield. We have to find a way , regardless.

Come on Reds !

3 Likes

Heard a covers band do this every night on holiday years ago. Brilliant song done right.

For 10 points and without googling, what’s their other hit?

:slight_smile:

Don‘t know - what is it?

That version of ‘forever young’ was on one of the episodes of ‘The O.C.’ like 15 years ago. :grimacing:

Quick favour - I’m not going to be around for the game this afternoon. Could someone do the post match poll? Doesn’t have to be anything flashy. Just a thread with a poll in it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Well, part 1 of the ‘shit or bust’ trilogy today :+1:

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!

1 Like

Let @cynicaloldgit do it.

1 Like

He does like being the first in.

1 Like