Pre-Match | West Ham United vs Liverpool | PL matchday 21 | Sunday January 31st 16:30h | Olympic Stadium

Becker, Trent, Nat, Captain, Robertson, Gini , Thiago, Jones, Salah, Bobby, Mane.
This will be tougher than Spurs. Antonio will be a problem so midfield will have to be alert to his runs and protect Nat.

1 Like

Same team. Go again boys. Go again.

3 Likes

It is no a conundrum anymore, him and Kieta should be shipped out as soon as possible to get some money. And a new midfielder is to come in. And while at it, one other midfielder to replace Gini.

2 Likes

Given pretty much all clubs are skint, who do you propose we sell them for and for how much?

I don’t think there is going to be any hasty decisions made about any players. In fact I think Naby could probably be playing now but a decision has been made to take him out and try to solve these niggles once and for all.

2 Likes

I see us utterly ripping these guys to shreds. Spurs was the springboard, WestHam will be the huge bomb in the water that sets more than ripples in the lake of footballing destiny.

5 Likes

I really hope so, i am not doubting his talent. If he doesn’t get going with a decent run in the team then it was a very big waste of money for a non reliable player. Also Ox , i dont see him back to his best if he keep hurting himself eating breakfast.
I like them both, but if they cant play then we have a problem in midfield just like the one in defense. Compounded with the inevitable departure of Gini and Milner getting older. That’s 4 midfielders.

1 Like

Agree with this.

We needed to blowout some cobwebs, and I reckon Moyes’ boys will be the next to experience our return to form.

4 Likes

Yeah, we need a no holds barred game. Go nuts lads, raise hell. Clean-sheet is for pussies.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same…

About time we started normalising and thats smashing West Ham and them going back mid-table.

2 Likes

Ali
TAA Nat Hendo Robbo
Gini Thiago Ox
Mo Bobby Mane

Don’t wanna see Rhys get a start infront of Nat again. Nat has looked good when he has come in.

Also for fuck sake please bring Minamino on instead of Origi

2 Likes

David Fucking Moyes by the way…

Just beat these twats

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Win this, and you’re back to approved! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has to be Hendo and Phillips
Gini at 6 with Jones/Shaqiri and Thiago.
Milner to come on if required.

A Curt-Shaq chimera would be an interesting prospect. I’ll get some geneticists I know ready and primed. Not footie fans though so they might not realise you need legs of equal length to play well.

1 Like

Same team that played Spurs…with Nat again replacing Matip, lets not deisturb any momentum we gained.

Few calling for Jones, but im not convinced ( although i should be, im just not ). I think he doesn’t do enough of the simple stuff, don’t get me wrong the lad has quality but i think at times he just tries too hard and it often ends in losing possesion or a broken down attack.

Anyway Moyes needs taking down a peg or 2 so 0-3

I think it needs to be the same side bar Phillips for Matip and maybe resting Milner.

Midfield is a tough call though, as IMO it works best with two defensive/gritty players (i.e. two from Fabinho, Hendo, Gini and Milner) plus one of the more creative ones in Thiago, Shaqiri, Keita, Oxlade.

One from the first group and two from the latter is maybe where we lose something in that department. But of course we only have two from the first group available to midfield, so resting either Gini or Milner leaves us with that problem just now.

That’s the consequence of the defensive issues, it’s stripped out two of the defensive/gritty midfielders.

Not been convinced by Jones lately, nor Oxlade, Keita is out and Shaqiri is probably the one that most needs to be in with two defensive minded midfielders, as he tackles like a forward, so you don’t want him chasing back giving free kicks away near our box.

Perhaps we start Oxlade, who scored there last season, with an early change to Milner (i.e. half time).

This is where the five subs rule would have been useful to us.

Jones does the simple stuff so much better than Shaqiri or Chamberlain and his off the work ball is far better. If any of those 3 are getting picked for an ‘8’ position it should be an easy choice after their recent performances.

I think Klopp will go with the same side as Tottenham with Phillips in for Matip. The only other choice is one of the above or Milner.

Think we win this by a similar scoreline as Thursday. I expect us to be much better from now on.

6 Likes

Next 4 league games offer the opportunity to close the gap on city and give a bit of space over Leicester and those close behind us. We simply have to win them, no alternatives accepted!

Nat must start. Then as most have alluded, Milner will probably drop to the bench after Thursdays efforts. Ideally Gini and Thiago would play the same roles as Thursday but that might not be possible, unless we plan to start the same midfield and try blitz them first half and take Milner off at HT.

Does anyone know what the Keita injury is??

1 Like