Pre-Match | West Ham United vs Liverpool | PL matchday 21 | Sunday January 31st 16:30h | Olympic Stadium

Does anyone ever know :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Who’s Keita
?

1 Like

Just be happy it’s not Atkinson

Mané Bobby Salah

Thiago Gini Jones

Robbo Hendo Nat Trent

Allisson

Bench: Kelleher, Williams, Williams, Tsimikas, Millie, Ox, Shaq, Minamino, Div

1 Like

Hendo guides Nat

2 Likes

Keep up the spurs tempo and we should see us returning with all 3 points.

2 Likes

I like this. I cannot believe how many cannot see how much Jones contributes Could well be a regular first choice next season. Maybe if he adds a goal or two everyone will start loving him.

7 Likes

Jones is already better than Chamberlain, he is learning the discipline needed to operate the way Jurgen likes his midfield to play.

3 Likes

Not better than Ox when he arrived here.

Those games against City :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I want us to keep the momentum going from the last match and Hammer these suckers!

We looked much better with Shaq in the team than we do with Jones.

Also people forget about Ox he was injured for a long time and hasn’t played much since.

He needs games.

1 Like

Shaqu has had some good games but contributes no more than Jones IMO. Ox has been unlucky with injuries but has contributed very little since his last recovery. He has to prove his fitness and form on the training ground. If Jurgen picks him then we have to assume he has done that.
I think Shaqu will get the nod.

1 Like

And just about nothing else of note.

Same can be said about Jones.

Worldy of a goal against Everton but nothing else majorly.

He will be class one day but he shouldn’t be getting in infront of Ox or Shaq in my opinion

1 Like

Jones looked to have turned that corner and really made a great leap in progression. That appears to have gone by the wayside again lately after the few errors he made.

Jones is still a teenager , and has had some very good games in the chances he’s been afforded.

When was the last time Ox had a good game for us ?

Can’t believe what I’m reading about Jones. He’s probably at the same stage as Trent was when he came in, looked good for a bit and then went off the boil. Give the lad time.

1 Like

When was the last time Jones had to come back from 2 serious injuries.

Jones is a good player but to say he is better than either Ox or Shaq who have over 100 caps between them is ridiculous.

The cameos he has played he has been good. Rarely poor but rarely world class
 when you come into a team that has won all we have won over the past 2 years “just being good” isn’t good enough. That’s how you stand still or go backwards.

Jones is young so I expect that from him yet
 but next 2 years he will grow and he will become better than ox and Shaq, but to suggest he is better than them at the moment is silly.

His form maybe better but you are talking about 2 players who aren’t ever really given a run of games and have come back from 12 month injury lay offs back into a midfield/attack that purrs like a tiger it’s tough to hit the ground running.

Like I said please don’t misinterpreted me, Jones will be awesome. But list our midfielders. Hendo, Fab, Gini, Milner, Thiago, Ox, Keita, Shaq
 he will move up the list but to suggest he gets in a 3 man midfield in front of that lot is a big ask.

1 Like

I think Jones has been contributing more on the pitch than ox has this season, yes ox has had serious injuries but he has been very poor since returning.

Shaqiri has started 3 meaningful games this season - United, Midgetland (H) and Burnley. We played dire football in all 3.

Jones has started in our big wins vs Leicester, Wolves, Tottenham, Atalanta, Ajax.

Chamberlain has had two starts, Southampton and Burnley, both losses and he was woeful in both.

The standard Jones gets judged by compared to some other players is very, very odd.

7 Likes