Pre-Match | West Ham v Liverpool | PL Match Day 11 | Sunday November 7th 16:30h | London Stadium

Agree.

We remain unbeaten but are still only two points ahead of West Ham. We need to get that attitude back we had in the title winning season where a draw is seen as a loss.

5 Likes

Not sure about that theory.

When Leicester won the title with 81 points was the league more competitive than now or weaker?

I am sure this seasons champions will need closer to 90 than to 80 and with our current rate we will reach 83,6 points.

Add to that the fact that we are without injuries to key players, festive period is ahead of us, AFCON and the time during CL KO stage can also cost us some points.

We have to collect them now.

1 Like

I don’t get this. This presumes that the other title challengers will somehow go on a winning run where we can’t, and that everything will fall their way but go terribly for us.

3 Likes

Leicester winning the PL was an anomaly season.

I didn’t say they won’t be close to 90. I said it won’t get into the 90s.

A draw doesn’t mean the title is over today. As I said we need to ideally win, but life is never ideal. City and Chelsea are also going to have tough days.

As I’ve already said, on paper we should walk all over West Ham. But this isn’t Fifa or Pro Evo. WHU are no mugs, therefore (imo) a couple of dropped points wouldn’t be worth rioting over, performance dependant.

1 Like

I agree in the sense that it’s a game where we can make a statement, distance ourselves from a top four pretender, keep pace with the top three, go into the break on a high etc.

Of course it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t win, but it will be just that bit harder to challenge.

1 Like

So not down to todays result then.
Glad you clarified…
AFCON
Injuries
Drawn games…
All factors.

2 Likes

Hopefully we go with Thiago in midfield. West Ham will play football and give us a chance to get in behind their defence. He is (in my view) our best equipped player to play those quality passes.

If we don’t win today, Klopp out.

Anybody fancy doing the post match? I can’t watch live tonight.

It needs setting up beforehand and then locking until full time. The man of the match poll will need to be added, and subs and goals added when they happen.

2 Likes

Too Much Cant GIF

@cynicaloldgit ?

Has to be a mod.

1 Like

If we lose, Klopp out and Ole in!

1 Like

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

2 Likes

I am colourblind and even I can tell that’s bad. It looks like the sort of thing you would buy in a seaside shop in Blackpool.

1 Like

Holy shit! No wonder nobody complains about who opens the post match thread.

EDIT: Is closing prematch thread also part of the duties?

2 Likes

To be sure West Ham are a good side, and this will be no walk in the park. Hoping our boys are up for bursting some bubbles!

No surprises. Robbo back in.

8 Likes

Harsh on Kostas, given his recent form.

12 Likes

Very harsh, I can’t agree with that decision.

3 Likes