Pre-match: West Ham v Liverpool, Wednesday 26th April, 19:45

There is a massive difference between positional awareness and just not being physically able to get back in position.

Precisely why I didn’t say he wasn’t physically able :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My point is that people say Trent isn’t positionally aware. I don’t think that true. I think it’s more likely he’s up the pitch and can’t get back. Nothing to do with him not having a clue.

1 Like

My wife bumped into this dude at a cafe somewhere in London and didn’t get a photo.

WTAF?

I still haven’t forgiven her.

It’s impossible to call any game we’re involved in these days. On paper we should be destroying teams like West Ham, but we might as well roll the paper into a little ball and stuff it right up our collective ringpiece.

1 Like

Except there are loads of cases where that isn’t it.

1 Like

Is that not to do with the high wire act at play? When he’s up, if things break down and we are countered fast, we will be in trouble, and that’s where the No.6(s) and Ibou have to cover. That’s the drawback of it - but the upside is that when it doesnt break down and he gets the ball in the middle of the park up the field, he can be devastating.

Of course, he is culpable for some of the issues, but hopefully they go away through training and playing the role.

Yes, there are times he gets caught high up the pitch when we lose the ball and that is by design so shouldnt be used as a criticism of him. Pretending that explains all the complaints about his defending is just head in sand stuff though.

1 Like

Fuck I can’t wait to see the back of ‘Naby Keita: fitness update’

1 Like

I remember one outlet using the term “injury blow” last time he was out.

I vote for @The-AllMightyReds

4 Likes

Matip :heart_eyes:
Finally a clean sheet again.

1 Like

Konate physical presence would have been good tonight.

1 Like

Good to see Jones getting a run of games. He’s been steadily improving.

3 Likes

Nunez on the bench again. Maybe he is starting to think about next season, and putting his missed chances away with more regularity… Re: Ian Rush

1 Like

Well I do think it’s true.
He’s been caught napping several times where goals have been scored from “his space”, with him close by but not close enough, and he’s not been up the pitch. That’s lack of positional awareness.
He’d have been a great asset in midfield when we were mentality monsters, and strived to win the ball back within seconds.
In the current set up, with our squad, he’d be a liability.

Thankfully, it would appear Jurgen agrees with me and disagrees with you :+1:

Yeah, I was expecting/hoping some rotations in midfield and attack. But Klopp knows best :+1:

gonna be a tough tough physical game this…

yep…gonna be physical…and speed to match antonio (who is not that quick but quicker than matip)

1 Like