Pre Match | Wolves vs Liverpool | Monday 15th 20:00|

Stars have aligned, ISMF has opened the match thread, and I feel confident as the game is approaching.

2 Likes

You think he hasn’t? You think that he has played Fabinho in defence out of choice rather than necessity?

It’s not as simple as we’ve got Kabak, he is a CB, let’s start him next to Phillips and restore Fabinho in the midfield. Kabak actually has to have an idea of what he’s supposed to do and when. That takes time. Particularly when his partner is himself very new and inexperienced to first team football.

It’s all fine and well saying that he shouldn’t have moved Fabinho and/or Henderson at the back because it disrupts the midfield and so on and so forth but when it comes to offering viable alternatives then things become a bit more difficult and complicated.

2 Likes

We have to remember that just because Fab in midfield makes sense now, doesn’t mean it would have made sense a month ago.

3 Likes

Klopp said it a few times in the last few days.

Unless he has no other choice he would not start two of our remaining CBs (Nat, Ben, Rhys and Ozan) together too early.

It was always about establishing and building up the confidence one by one.

Gave huge praise to Ben Davies in his presser today.

I can imagine that there will be a friendly during the international break to give him his first start.

1 Like

Should have given him a start for the u23’s today.

3 Likes

Probably but then again not even Rhys Williams plays for the U23s anymore.

2 Likes

Klopp: “There is no test now [for Kabak and Phillips]. I hope they will stay fit. I cannot sit here and guarantee that! They are still available and look good. If they are ready to go again then why should we change it? We want consistency. It looks really good.”

5 Likes

Same 11 as last game. The only changes I’ll be making maybe Keita for Gini and Tsimikas for
Robo.

2 Likes

It’s been a good weekend for us so far with Chelsea and the blue shite dropping points.

We need Arsenal to beat spurs and… fuck… I can’t say that we need their opponents to win… I just can’t so let’s just say we need West Ham to lose.

2 Likes

Check and check… Now just win tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

If we had any kind of form it would have been a perfectly good week for us, sad thing is we don’t.

True. It remains to be seen whether being able to field midfielders in midfield and CBs at center back can make a difference in the League even half as well as it did in the CL, and whether the new front three can find its way to score.

We can admit one positive though, our away form hasn’t been as bad, and actually could be a cause for some hope…

1 Like

I’m feeling confident about this one now with Fabinho back in midfield and a fresh Jota up front.
Not gonna predict the score but win by 2 goals feels about right.

1 Like

I’ll let them surprise me by all means.

1 Like

:joy::slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

We’ll be throwing these guys to the dogs, will be an excellent display, I feel it in my waters :slight_smile: More specifically, I keep predicting a stupendous victory and even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Fab in midfield, the rest assembles itself although will be interesting to see who starts upfront.

Come on Liverpool, make us proud.

2 Likes

Again, the weekend could have hardly gone any better for us. We have to capitalise.

2 Likes

jet lagged? Not like these lads flew across multiple time zones! :laughing:

1 Like

I agree but no need to shout :wink:

1 Like

we’re running out of time to move back up the table. anything less than a win today and we are putting ALL of our eggs into winning the CL to maintain our presence in that competition next year.

I shudder to think of us finishing outside of Europe spots.

1 Like