PreGame | Liverpool - Everton | PL Matchday 23 | Monday February 13th 20:00h | Anfield

When DCL got a pen for kicking Trent in the back of the head. :grimacing:

It will be tough enough with 11 players but be even harder with 10

Not so sure, we should give it a go…might force us into defending bit tighter.

Their preperations to beat us at Anfield started four months earlier with ending VvDs season in their home leg.

FIFY

Is there any chance luck starts to balance out this season? We could use all the lack we could get…
Or did we spend it all vs Leicester…??

Dyche will be rubbing his hands at the thought of playing us in our current state.

Been a while since Everton won at Anfield,but the way we are of late and Dyche beating Arsenal in his first game in charge, it is a bit of a worry.

2 years.
See my post earlier.

I’m going to reiterate this with my Mod hat on. Listen to @GermanRed on this please. I know it’s grim at the minute, but let’s keep this thread the the match.

3 Likes

Sounds like VVD and Bobby potentially will be available. Even says Wolves is too soon for VVD so I assume he could make a return.

1 Like

It’s not that we stray into other topics, it’s the other topics which butt into our discussion. :grin:

1 Like

Over a week away from the game, so the injury situation will change.

I watched Dyche against the Arses, and he’ll do the same against us. So we have over a week to make plans for it.

Ref won’t show yellow for the first 30 mins, so best have the likes of Milner in midfield in the first half to dish some out as well. Dyche will concede possession but then break with pace when the opportunity arises.

Maupay off the bench will come on to try to get one of our lads sent off by his shenanigans (he tried to get the Arse player sent off by wrapping his hands around him, dragging the player down, and pretending it was the other way round smh).

Set pieces will be an issue. Maybe Big Nat may be bought in to help deal with it. Gakpo should not be defending the central area on set pieces. Tariq Lamptey at the moment looks a better physically dominant header of the ball than Cody.

2 Likes

If VVD was available I’d definitely have him over Gomez.

Not sure wether I’d start Bajčetić. He was our best (only performing) player against Wolves but I can see him being kicked off the pitch here.

Switch to a double pivot. 4 forwards. Give Thiago more options ahead of him. I’d bring Henderson to sit next to him. Think Jones could do well on the left, and see if Gakpo can bring anything in the 10 role.

The sooner Jota and Firmino return the better.

Van Dijk must play if he’s fit.

Not looking forward to this one bit.

Time to see if they have any heart left, not turning up for this, they can all fuck off.

Yeah, I also think it could be time to try out the 4-4-2 again.

It’s clear that a few wins after the restart, we’re back in a negative run again. Not stable enough to play 4-3-3 with someone who is not ready as Gakpo or tactically new like Nunez, up top on their own.

Klopp might not do it though, he might see enough in the second half of yesteday and think let’s wait another game or two before we have some important figures back.

I cannot wait for us to have the likes of Virgil, but more importantly, Bobby and Jota back. To connect the team again, do what’s needed in all phases of the game. For us, it starts from the front. Doesn’t mean we have to press like maniacs all the time if we can’t do it (and we bloody can’t right now), but it needs to start from somewhere. Let’s try to do it with players who have both those skills and knowledge/experience under Klopp how to behave in all phases of the game.

Right now our attack is made of an out of form Salah, who usually is the one who has a bit more freedom than his partners up top and either new players getting used to how we want to play or players out of position.

1 Like

Yeah probably a case to start Milner there.

1 Like

Hope not, otherwise he’s going to catch whatever the fuck is wrong with them as well. I’d have him train with whatever age group of ours is winning right now and then have him play.

Kidding. I think.

2 Likes

We’re currently 6-3-1 for a total of 21 points from 30 at home, and 2-2-6 for a total of… 8 points from 30 away.

I’m not sure I can remember a season with a starker difference, makes me think a lot about what Jürgen has been saying, and what Alisson said yesterday, about confidence.

4 Likes