PreGame | Liverpool - Everton | PL Matchday 23 | Monday February 13th 20:00h | Anfield

Unlikely.
Unless all the youth team centre halves are injured

I’d bring Phillips in alongside Matip and move Joe to RB where there’s slightly less chance of seeing him fuck up and cost us a goal. Trent would be benched as I’m sick and tired of his ‘face like a smacked arse’ demeanour.
Their tactic will be lump it to DCL for the first hour so big Nat will hopefully negate a lot of that.
Milner, Hendo, Elliott in midfield along with one other. Might be a big ask for Bajcetic but on current form Keita, Fabinho and Thiago don’t deserve a shirt. We need to match their physicality in midfield.
Salah and Nunez up front, no place for Gakpo until he shows some fucking conviction.
These players have run out of sympathy and excuses. If they can’t put a shift in physically then they are done as professional footballers.
Losing to these cunts would be terrible and I feel there would be a change in crowd mentality going forward and not in a good way. Show some fucking pride.

1 Like

yaaahhhhh,

Liverpool v Everton,

a very low in confidence and mentally drained drained Liverpool

against a Sean Dyche led Everton, who will be fired up to scrap for every ball like there lives depended upon it…

i can’t wait!

Not really comparable but…

A drained and out of sorts Everton side play league leaders and win :upside_down_face:

I guess if up to it, Jota may see a few minutes towrds the end.

I look forward to getting him back, however he does seem a player who takes a while to find his rhythm. I hope the expectations on him won’t be too high. Last thing we need is another player devoid of confidence and under pressure.

1 Like

Yeah, this’ll be a game for the old pros. The more fragile players should be on the bench.

Hoping that VvD is available, if he isn’t then stick with Gomez. I’d play Phillips instead of Matip. It’s going to rough out there and we don’t any more players getting broken. I assume Klopp will stick with 4-3-3, even if perhaps he shouldn’t. Therefore …
__________ Alisson___________
TAA___________VvD________Phillips_________Robbo
______Milner_________Hendo_________Thiago
Salah_______________Nunez____________Gakpo

3 Likes

I am absolutely dreading this… :grimacing:

Liverpool-Everton 1-2

At least two Liverpool players injured.

I’m hoping this match is the spark that ignites our season. Our turnarounds usually come after beating one of our big rivals. The players will go into this game as underdogs given Everton just beat Arsenal and we have managed a single point since Christmas. We have nothing to lose, which is always the position our players feel most comfortable in. I expect to go behind early, then by a second, then we’ll claw back a draw from the jaws of defeat, and that will finally start year 2023 for us.

I think we’re going to see a massive reaction to Saturday, Klopps post match seemed to have something different about it.

Or…

Dyche is going to come in and smash us.

In the greater scheme of things, post-Christmas doldrums are a very Liverpool thing.It’s just that in recent seasons (except when everyone got injured) we have exceeded ourselves. I’m hoping that the derby is the match to turn things around although we have had so many false dawns this season.

That midfield is giving me the shakes

Long as its not the sheiks

Seems they’re not interested, thankfully

2 Likes

Do B & M do returns on tea towels?

1 Like

What you doing about Joel?

Fingers crossed VVD makes it.

1 Like

I know I’ll get lit up for posting this

Allison
Milner Phillips Matip Robbo
Hendo Bajcetic
Harvey Thiago Nunez
Salah

If VVD isn’t fit it’s not far from what I would go with, I’m not sure about Thiago in the forward CM role anymore.

if he’s not going to be the advanced mid, then I’d put him beside the youngster and put Naby there

2 Likes