PreGame | Newcastle - Liverpool | PL Matchday 24 | Saturday February 18th 17:30h | St. James‘ Park

If we can trick them by not being utterly shit, we might be able to bamboozle them with special throw-in techniques and pulling faces.
This could cause them to lie down and give up after 5 minutes.
It’s a bold tactical plan with 100% chance of success.

3 Likes

We couldn’t be playing them at a better time. Their best players are out and their form has gone to shit. Self doubt must be nagging at them right now and they know if we win then their top four hopes are in danger.

Same as last night please, team and performance.

1 Like

… and Robbo can laugh at them.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t risk Stephan twice in four days. It should be either Fabinho, Henderson, Keita or Henderson, Keita, and Milner in midfield. I think there would be couple of changes in backline and frontline too, considering the upcoming CL game.

1 Like

Yep first thing id say is remember the first 15 against Wolves? Do that and ill kick you all in the bollocks with steel toe capped boots! Now get out there!!!

2 Likes

Assuming you mean Bajcetic…why not? 18 year olds could play everyday. It’s the old guys that are injury prone

3 Likes

Could be another tight game with 1 goal deciding.

We had a good win last night, but let’s be real we’re gonna have to play better than that against some of our next opponents. So nothing else to do than to keep seeking improvement.

But hey, counter attacking monsters since last night! :joy:

I think Virgil goes back in almost for sure, possibly in place of Matip.

Hendo was good last night, full of energy, he did enough to keep his place. Fabinho? Not so much, the guy looks horrible at the moment.

Last night we flipped from the Wolves game (when Nunez was central and Gakpo on the left) to Gakpo as the false 9.

So I think Klopp will want to keep that false 9 “structure”, then it depends if he changes a few players because now we’re back to hectic schedule. I could see one of Jota/Firmino starting for one of Gakpo/Nunez (maybe more Gakpo).

1 Like

I’d play the same team. They were very good all round last night!

More of the same!

1 Like

You missed the opportunity to put me on the left.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised to see Bajcetic start in both of our next games. Suspect he’ll be on the bench for one, and if that is the case, I don’t know whether Id want him starting away at St.James Park, or at home to Real. St.James Park will be intense, but then he seems to relaxed, that maybe that’s where you throw him in.

Ideally Virgil is fit enough to start (over Matip would be my pref), and then the rest stays the same. Thankfully we have midfielders back so wont have to keep Fab and Hendo on for 90 mins and put them in the red, with Real coming next week.

As a side note, I’m traveling to Newcaste tomorrow - had totally forgot my trip up there coincided with this game. Always fun in town when Newcastle play, as the grounds right in the middle of the city.

1 Like

Why? He’s currently our best midfielder, we’ve got 5 days between games. He is first on the team sheet.

His legs and positional play made Fabinho look a half decent midfielder for once.

Right now, I wouldn’t make a big difference between Newcastle and Real. The next game is the most important. If we can get a few more league wins, we might at least buy ourselves a chance.

It’s the turn of the tide.

Keep the same team and bring the same subs on to give their legs some game time.

it’s just the barcodes… swipe them

1 Like

If we perform like we know we now can perform ie: like last night then we could just get something here.

Sky says it was the worse team for us to face right now but form table shows that isn’t the case, 3 draws in their last 5 league games against teams all three of which sit close to the relegation zone.

Our forms been bad but there is a chance here. Compact is the word here, I would play VVD but the rest start.

Agree that it’s going to be a lot tougher, given our very bad away from, and that Newcastle is on an undefeated run, so you happily taking 0 points if we win midweek is realistic, however I really believe this game is decisive for any top 4 ambitions, as our main rival for top 4 is Newcastle and beating them and winning our games in hand brings the difference to 2 points if I’m not mistaken, so any other result than a win is not an option.

Taylor the ref and look who is VAR :face_vomiting:

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: Chris Kavanagh. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

2 Likes

Still waiting for a pre-match thread post from Dutch that shows satisfaction at the chosen refs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking more about the 3 day gap between the Newcastle match and Real Madrid match. Both very intense games.

If hes fit and ready for both, id start him in both, but we dont know that.

Not sure why some of us are worrying about these… If last nights game is anything to go on… we are starting to hit our stride.! :0)
2-0 to the boys… Nunez and MO

1 Like