PreMatch | Atlético Madrid - Liverpool | CL Match Day 3 | Tuesday October 19th 20:00 | Estadio Metropolitano

If he broke sweat on Saturday I would be.

3 Likes

Cool :slight_smile: I thought this was tomorrow night!

This is either an unlikely bonus prize or a fuck up of the highest proportions.

So, are you going to have to miss it? Or piss your missus off?

3 Likes

Will there be any changes beyond Alisson and Fabinho coming in?

1 Like

Big game because of the opponent. There’s respect there, but also a lot of needle. Klopp’s quotes were perfect. Effective for them, but I don’t like it…

The fact that it’s only group stage takes some edge off it, but Atletico are at home and have some ground to make up to put themselves in a better position in the group, so they will be wanting to win it. They knocked us out in the covid game at Anfield so we owe them one. It’s all set up nicely.

I’d like to go there and win, and then make them sweat it out to qualify.

On Matip I would probably rest him and bring either Gomez or Konate in. The thinking is Man Utd is the bigger game, and while Matip is fit these days, there’s no need for him to play three games in eight days and risk his fitness, not with a great group of cb’s at the club who need to see some action too.

5 Likes

It’s a Brucey bonus :+1: I always still just think ‘Wedenesday’ when we have a CL game. All I had to look forward to this evening was beer, but now it’s beer and Liverpool :smiley::+1:

steve coogan GIF

4 Likes

Balls! This is tonight, isn’t it? I’ll just have to test the hotel’s Internet connection. Failing that, does anyone know any bars in Bremen that will have the game on?

1 Like

We have an extra days recovery so no need to rest anyone before utd. We have a cup game after so that’s a perfect time to give some players that need it, a rest.

4 Likes

not what I’m thinking, but…

1 Like

Gonna miss this at Orient tonight.
Ill take a point. 3 would be great.
Just dont lose and it makes the next 3 games so much easier.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I guess Fab is a bit tired…

I half expected Matip to be rested. Bobby is the right choice for a start, Jota on 60min, when Atleti are all tuckered out from falling on the ground and protesting with the ref :wink:

1 Like

Bit surprised Milner starts and Fabinho on bench.

1 Like

I like it. Milner in to make sure there’s some steel in our midfield; Bobby to score another hat trick.

18-0 to the Reds. The other 15 for Mo, obviously.

5 Likes

Exactly, no better man to deal with all the shithousery

Luis on the bench for Atleti :wink:

3 Likes

Neither side will see this as a must win. A bore draw with no injuries will do nicely.

2 Likes

Hopefully Gnasher sits down at the end of this game in a state of shock again.

1 Like

I’m happy with that line-up.

Let’s not forget we get 5 subs. Fabinho on at 60 along with Jota are great options.

Considering how we started minute 1 v’s Watford and the relentless press from the whole team, fully agree starting the same team. Hopefully we start exactly the same.

1 Like

Only surprised about Milner. I guess Milner and Hendo will help give Naby some leadership if he is off his game.