PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

Apparently Trossard has been dropped completely the last two games after coming back from the world cup with the wrong focus. Insinuations that he’s expecting a move and so phoning it in until he leaves. That will only leave Brighton with a midfield of only 2 players we’re supposedly interested in and both whom could immediately improve us.

Club probably tells journalists which questions they are not allowed to ask before the press conferences.

Agreed, gotta stop everyone running through our midfield, i’ve put Thiago in there, but tbh he’s as shit as Fab at the moment, but t least he has a pass in him

Becker

TAA-Matip-Konaté-Robertson

Henderson-Thiago

Salah-Keïta-Gakpo

Núñez

1 Like

It’s like living in a dictatorship. Club out!!!

1 Like

Well at least he isn’t injured :see_no_evil:

Fab for Hendo for me…playing away so play on the counter

No changes (especially in midfield) unless Bobby is ready to start.

Klopp being forced to make changes for every game this season caused most of the problems.

Keita, Elliott, Jones, Ox or changing the formation is not the solution.

What we need now is constancy with the three potentially best midfielders we have.

6 days to figure something out for Klopp.

What if all three are already past their peak? :thinking:

Oh they are. Thiago has won everything. The other two were part the best team in the world for about three years.

They surely won’t get back to that form but they still are the three best midfielders we have.

1 Like

Changing the formation certainly is part of the solution, as it stands we play with too many players ahead of the ball.

We need better quality in the midfield but we also need to have a better shape when we lose the ball in the opposition half.

2 Likes

Doesn’t necessarily has to be a change of formation. Can be fixed with tactical changes too.

We played with other formations than the 4-3-3 before this season and wasn’t really the solution Game against Forest comes to my mind.

The training can’t not be a factor IMO. It’s too much of a coincidence, that we are high intensity and have a high injury rate, for the two to not be related at all.

2 Likes

Ideally we’d sit deeper and keep it tight, try to use the pace of Salah and Nunez on the counter but the reality is this Liverpool team has no resilience at all and cannot stand being under pressure for any amount of time without conceding. It just hasn’t been drilled into them under Klopp.
Don’t know what the answer is, I’ve been convincing myself form is temporary while class is permanent but the longer it goes on it seems like wishful thinking.
I don’t like Keita but I’d start him in this one because he’s the only centre-mid looking to break the opposition lines.
If we can get through 90 minutes without gifting Brighton any goals we have a chance.

2 Likes

Keita is a must start for me in this one.

1 Like

Indeed. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Talk about a change that will see us without the ball for a change
4-5-1
and the 1 is a false 9

we’ll confuse the hell ouf of Brighton…(and our players)

Just been reading across the threads on TAN this morning. The match isn’t until Saturday afternoon. A whole working week away.

Oh my god. It’s going to be a very long week, isn’t it?

1 Like

Based on how we are playing, even the 4-5 are false most of the time

Alisson
Trent Matip Konate Robbo
Fabinho
Hendo Keita
Salah Nunez Gakpo

It’s going to be a battle, so let’s play a midfield with some actual midfielders in it.

No room for Thiago in this one.

Didn’t see anything in Keita suggesting that he needs to displace Thiago. Thiago’s had the odd sloppy moment, but overall he’s been a rare touch of class in this team lately.

6 Likes