PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

Another match another Liverpool midfield overrun

1 Like

wait what?!

Offering Hendo is a new deal is not the problem. Bringing in a quality replacement to be first choice is the problem. Hendo can still play a bit part role in this team.

Edit: Oops wrong reply

hard to believe that our level has dropped so much

1 Like

They will put us out of our misery for sure

1 Like

Klopp has got five games to find an answer in my view. Five.

‘Liverpool look old in midfield’

Brighton 3-0 Liverpool

Martin Keown

Former England defender on BBC One

I think Jurgen Klopp is absolutely fine. He’s a magnificent manager, we know that. His teams sometimes go through dips, we’ve seen this before. I think it’s a rebuilding job. Afterwards we’ll get some kind of explanation from him.

It’s just looking a bit old in midfield. If Liverpool can’t press you - they were the best in Europe last year - then they’re not the same. Today they just don’t have that same energy

2 Likes

and then what??? asking for a friend

What happens in 5 games?

2 Likes

:cry: :roll_eyes: :face_vomiting:

5 losses?

martin is fucking genius stating the obvious since the pre season

1 Like

A new deal is not the problem. The problem is the length of it. If this lad has a long deal, it makes it more expensive in terms of opportunity costs to rejuvenate the midfield. One more registration space gone just because he fufill the homegrown quota that can be patched in by a certain Jude Bellingham?

2 Likes

well beaten, no complaints… expecting more of these type of results going forward… team is utter shit

As I was watching, I was left with multiple negative thoughts but one that stood out was is is CG the new TM

Sorry, i was takling about Gomez

That’s when top 4 becomes effectively impossible unless we are less than ten points from fourth.

The only good thing, this gives potential buyers more leverage to bargain with FSG!

We dont need 5 games. This team is far too far from the sort of form required to keep up with a CL chase to make that reasonable. Let alone making up ground to catch up. It just isnt going to happen - CL for next season has gone.

What needs to be focused on now is finding a short term way forward that stops the rot, to stop this spiraling further, and then start working about building momentum for next season. If that means senior players having to sit out then so be it, but there is no way forward by just doing this [waves hands in the air] again next week.

2 Likes