PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

This is the longest the prematch thread has been open following the end of the match.

Sigh

We are a shadow of the team we once were, today’s game showed that we had no midfield, our attackers were feeding of scraps and pur defence was left exposed, we are in a very sad state a position we should not find ourselves in after all the success we have had over the last 5 years, it feels like we have gone full circle and ended up with the team Jurgen inherited, i do not blame Klopp at all for this, he is the best thing that has happened to this club and if he decides to call it a day i would fear for us, this shit show is on the owners back, not enough investment in the team when we was in a position of strength, all of the fans saying they saved us is absolute madness! They are very clever business men who look to protect their investments, i thin we need to unfortunately get used to this level of football as there’s a lot of clubs above us who will over spend us, if we have investment but fsg stay in charge the same will still apply. Rant over

2 Likes

More midfielders that play compact, not so much space in between the back 4 and play with NĂșñez and Salah upfront, could not go any worse but playing like this with this midfield is suicide

1 Like

I wonder will those folks who didn’t want the oil money still watch the Liverpool now & future with another FSG-like owner?

Notable today was easy Brighton found it to play between our lines. That is what the high line is supposed to stop, but look at their second goal. It was a lovely finish, but look how easily their striker was able to get on the ball, turn and pick out the run. They werent getting in behind us, they were just walking through us. A beer commitment to holding a higher line today might have helped squeeze the spaces Brighton were far too comfortable playing in

It used to work as the forwards were initiating the press especially Roberto Firmino. However, Firmino is injured and the one to initiate the press is no-one. Hendo leading the press is so so laughable lol as he press without intelligence.

Posted at 17:1617:16

‘I can’t remember a worse game’

FT: Brighton 3-0 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to PLP: "Massively frustrated. Congrats to Brighton, they played a super game against a bad opponent. We were really not good today and I can’t remember a good phase, period or whatever.

"We tried to help the boys with a different formation but it didn’t work out at all. My responsibility, I know that. Tried to change it again in the second half but we were completely on the wrong foot.

“In moments it looked too easy for Brighton, the organisation was completely gone. It was too easy. It was just too easy and you cannot get back in this game.”

On how it can be fixed: "By organising it. Doing better should be easy because this is a really low point. I can’t remember a worse game.

“To improve that will be not too difficult. From this game we can pick up absolutely nothing apart from things that do not work.”

**On why Liverpool weren’t at their best: "**I have no sign for this performance before the game but that’s how it is sometimes. There’s nothing why I thought it could happen.

"It’s not that they always came through with everything, we had balls, we won balls, we won possession. When we want to push the ball is already gone again.

“To improve should be not too difficult.”

2 Likes

When you look at the team couple of years ago, we were a pressing machine. Teams couldn’t get out of their half most of the time. Now, it’s full reversal, teams are pressing us and we can’t string 3 passes together. I think the problem with us is we got too comfortable with our old guards, we should’ve sold sold some of them and brought in younger versions of those players. Klopp team’s relies heavily on counter pressing. At the moment we don’t have the legs nor players to do it. That’s why our high line and full backs are being expose in games. Teams figured out how to play us a couple of seasons ago already, the thing is back then we can still pressed and hemmed teams in most of the time. Today, all our core players are few years older and they just don’t have the energy and physical ability to play Klopp’s style anymore.
I am hoping if the rumors are true that we are gonna be take over by Qatar consortium, Klopp will finally get his transfer money and assemble a team that he wants. Until then, LFC will be fighting for the lives every game. No team are afraid of us, and they all smell blood in the water.

YNWA

1 Like

This is so laughable again lol! Elliot winning more duels than his captain!

never claim that the bottom has been reached - there’s always further

p.s. it is to the quote of JK

1 Like

Posted at 17:2317:23

‘Everything went wrong’

FT: Brighton 3-0 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson to PLP on what went wrong: "Everything. Everything went wrong from the start to the end. Brighton were better than us in all departments. It’s a real low point as a team. We have to stay together. It’s a tough moment but we need to get together, stay together and try and change things quickly. We have to try and learn and show a reaction.

“There wasn’t one thing. It was numerous things and it hasn’t been right for a little while now. Everybody knows that. We know we can be better. I’ll take responsibility and the lads will. We have to try to put it right.”

Worst performance under Jurgen Klopp? “Probably. I can’t remember another one. A really tough day.”

Feeling in the dressing room? “It’s not good. We’re pretty low on confidence. The energy level is low. Everything. We can’t feel sorry for ourselves. We have to keep fighting and hopefully we can change it sooner rather than later.”

Concerning? “Of course it’s really disappointing. We know we can play better and give even more. But you have to keep working.”

1 Like

Nor have I.

No Hendo, how about having the responsibility to apologise to the fans, the team and the manager for not being able to do the basics of a Klopp midfielder? Press effectively and keep possession wisely?

How about having the humility to privately tell Klopp that you cannot do what he wants you to do anymore?

2 Likes

and retire from Southgate’s army, then start revising for your badges

It makes no difference as he ain’t displacing Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice from the starting line-up.

Worst first half I’ve seen in years. No shape whatsoever. Needed urgent change. Switched off when I saw same team coming out. 2nd half was inevitable

I take it that there’s no post-match thread? Or is everyone on the R.I.P. section now?

We should be signing Caicedo but we won’t. He’s a real midfielder. Him and Thiago would be great.

What I don’t get is playing 4231 then not letting Elliot or Carvalho who literally suit this play.

I love Hendo but he is one of our biggest weaknesses, why does he now treat the ball like a hot potatoe for 90 minutes.

2 Likes

@Mascot must have dozed off in the second half of the game :0)