PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

He gets paid well to say things like that…only months after everyone has confirmed it.

1 Like

I am also worried about the significant staff resignations as well.
Has the training regime changed since Pep took full control?
I think Jurgen has to be ruthless and get rid of the old players.

This is for our gullible fans to use to stop us having a go at our owners.
If we miss top 4 we will have less money to spend next season.

I haven’t followed any previous posts, if there is, but money is the strongest barometer of success. There will always be good or even top players who come through the so called smaller clubs.

Lucky girl.

If you’re up to anything Tuesday night, let me know.

Klopp looks broken :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t believe a word of that.

4 Likes

It all goes back to money. Did you see any huge turnovers in backroom staff ( excluding the manager) like ours?

It’s a fucking vicious cycle.

FSG tells the transfer team we have X amount ( < 80 million pounds) to do contract extensions and signings that has to be registered into the squad for every season so pull out a bunny from somewhere or fail your KPI. The transfer team racks their fucking brain and come out with gems like Robbo, Salah and Mane. However, there will be a point where your very limited resources can only allow you rejuvenate one part of the team, leaving the rest to be under-invested. Repeat this a few times and you get what you see today. The members of the backroom being unable to take this shit anymore and leave their workplace which created a massive gap in the rejuvenation process.

Yup, nothing quite like a good old protest, that’ll show em

1 Like

Just to let you know, I feel protests are useless as well but that is the only way to let the owners know that they need to be more active supporting Klopp and creating a system to help him out.

Mane, and to a lesser degree Mo, were both decent priced signings for the time, to the point that most fans who were against them weren’t so upset by the choice of player but that we’d pay that much for them. Mane’s was skewed by how stupid the signing of Pogba was the same summer, but there were only about 3 others that summer that were more expensive.

But those 2 weren’t blockbuster signings like VVD and Alisson Becker who proved to be an invaluable spine to the club till today. In fact, our signings are still decent to pretty good to be honest, we haven’t lost the skill. We probably lost the financial freedom to make that statement signing in Midfield.

It’s a bit worrying especially a club our size with no proper doctor for ages, Fsg have been great for the club up to now but investment is now badly needed especially in midfield.

5 Likes

Yeah that was my major concern the guy seems professional but any issues are going predate him.

We all look broken on Sunday at church so.

I am not sure what point you’re even making now. You suggested our transfer guys are let down by only being given peanuts, and used players as examples who were actually pretty expensive for their time - towards the top of the list for that year’s singings. Now the bar is that we’re not singing blockbuster signings and so they are justified in their frustration? If you are in charge of transfers and the only signings you want to make are Virgil and Ali style ones then you arent a professional. You are Ed Woodward.

2 Likes

I agree dutch, its all cloak and daggers with fsg, we dont spend in the winter window as its a bad window apparently then come summer we again don’t spend big as we brought diaz in the winter window and that was brought forward, net spend is absolutely shocking from these owners, expecting klopp to pull a rabbit out of the hat every year! Well he might just decide that he has had enough of being a magician and walk, that in my opinion would truly f**k fsg up as Klopp is probaly the best manager this group of owners could wish for mever complains and tows the line, imagine a Pep under these owners!

I’ll say the same thing I said early '21 - what is it about Klopp’s character that makes you think he’ll quit as soon as the going gets tough? It isn’t in line with the way he has carried himself throughout his career. Give the man a little more credit than that.

8 Likes

As disappointing this game and season has been, really disappointed with some views on the win at all cost mentality. We have been bad, but we don’t need to sell the soul of the club just to compete and win something.

It’s a collective failure. Owners players manager coaching staff all. We won’t be on high forever, these are low times, but this won’t last forever as well.

8 Likes

His character is impeccable in my book, but what he’s witnessing here is like nothing he’s seen in his time at Liverpool.
Not talking about results, more about attitude, endeavour and basic levels of effort.