PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

That’s his job to change it then, not shirk the responsibility.

3 Likes

Did he not quit dortmund when he felt that he could not take that team any further due to being out spent and being stripped of his players by byern munich?

At least we know Manchester City won’t be taking our players.

Yes there is truth in this.

1 Like

I don’t doubt he’s continually trying to change it, but once they’ve crossed that line he’s kinda struggling.
It’s not a character flaw to lose patience when served with repeated examples of what his players are delivering

Well he did but the second half of the season lifted them from relegation to 5/6th

Everyone ignores that part.

1 Like

or get rid of pep

What has pep got to do with our downfall?

The thing about todays game is that man for man we should have been much better and have beaten them comfortably. There isn’t anyone on Brighton’s team I’d have in ours and I’m not convinced that having any of them would have changed the outcome. We were completely dysfunctional and lost any shape that was preplanned upon kickoff - that is about where the players are mentally.

Back to Brighton, they aren’t even that good. Until this year Solly March had averaged less than 2 goals per season and we made him look like Messi.

2 Likes

Yes but surely relative to where we are now? Almost winning everything last year to now the standard we are playing not finishing higher than 6th

I’d have Caicedo and Macallister in our midfield now. They are much better than Hendo and Fab. It’s sad to admit this but it is true.

1 Like

FSG is a group of very risk-averse people. We were fortunate at that time that the Coutinho deal happened and we were able to finance Alisson Becker and VVD deals without impacting our cashflow too much for those next 2 seasons. Through scouting and data will show Alisson is a huge upgrade on Karius and VVD is a huge upgrade on Dejan Lovren.

That’s the guarantees that FSG was looking for. The knowledge of impending big incoming money to finance ( or subsidise) those 2 transfers and the data to support it. Right now, the data is still there but the knowledge of big incoming money just after 2019 is gone. This could be why they are not gonna sanction any significant investment in the midfield if there ain’t money coming into it.

Come to think of it, which midfielder that we sold post 2019 has garnered us Coutinho levels of money???

5years in our midfield may have both of them end up knackered as has happened to Fabinho in particular but also to a lesser extent to Hendo.

depressing post match conference, its either he really still believes that this particular midfield is actually good or he takes it to another stratosphere to protect his players
he acknowledges that this is his worst game ever but blames the formation .
FSG has 2 weeks to salvage the season , they cant sleep walk to 4th unless they are perfectly ok with 10 -12th . I don’t think that this will affect the appetite of buyers but certainly any potential buyer will need to figure the cost of the massive rebuild required

1 Like

Why is it sad to admit it?

They would walk into most prem sides.

Ah, what a simple lack of commas can do to a sentence! :grin:

Sad because I didn’t expect Fabinho in particular to be washed at 29.

He wasn’t…he was washed at 28.

Wasn’t it sort of the same the season after winning the league?

I’m not that convinced with either tbh.

We have players that are seasoned pros and have won pretty much everything there is. We should be able to compete with anything Brighton put out. We just happen to find ourselves in a particularly bad moment and there will hopefully be a corner that will be turned… so here’s to finding that corner!