PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

His comment on the formation was to say that it was on him that it didnt work. The fact he tried it, something he said he did to “help out” the players, is an admission that what we had been doing wasnt working.

2 Likes

Fabinho can barely move to turn a corner. Persisting with him and Hendo to see out this season will lead to more days like today.

Ouch…

1 Like

A little flaw in your agruement Gakpo has just signed in the Jan window.

Havent seen any of todays game.

Genuine question, did it lookl like we’ve downed tools?

That’s a sad indictment on our season thus far. Klopp is at a loss for words.

Why?

Fabinho hasn’t played so much football that his body is falling to pieces. He doesn’t start for Brazil, and the number 6 role is easier on the body than the 8.

Casemiro has been doing it for longer than Fabinho and he’s seemingly still fine.

Henderson for sure, no excuse for Fabinho though.

Yeah, usually he’d be proper snarly with that type of question but he knows he can’t… He knows it’s a fair one.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopps-verdict-brighton-3-0-liverpool

“The problems are the same like last week when we spoke about it: we don’t win the key battles on the pitch, the key challenges, and we give the ball away too easily. That’s difficult to organise protection for losing balls you should not lose, it is not easy.”

Been saying this since Fulham… Same midfield…

Nah, worse, they were just incredibly shit.

1 Like

What is downing tools? Not trying?

Partly yes…weak minded players now this group, but the squad isn’t good anymore is the honest answer.

Players are happy with what they’ve done and they’re not willing to give 100% anymore.

The thing is if there was a better option then they’d have played them. There isn’t and here we are. The coaches are much closer to these things and if they don’t see something better then can we really say otherwise?

I dont think so because we were still attempting to do things its just all being done so poorly. There is just no coherence to the play. It looks more like some degree of toxic lack of faith in each other.

• One guy pressing by himself.
  • One guy wanting to press, but isnt confident there is enough structure behind him to step forward.
  • PLayers just putting their heads down and going in straight lines, like they have so little faith in keeping the ball they have to score within 5 seconds of getting it otherwise they’ll lose it.

Klopp’s quote “Then doubt comes and it is horrible to watch, to be honest.” from after todays game…

This is pretty damning…

On whether he has to tell his team to forget about the performance…

No, there might be games [where I do that], but this is not. No, this is not, how we say, a one-off, or something like that. Unfortunately not. The moment is not great. Yes, we have injury problems and all these kind of things but come on. The team we could line-up today was absolutely not a bad one – really not. But what we made of it was not good, that’s true. No, it’s not a moment where you say, ‘Come on, forget it.’ Actually, I didn’t say a lot after the game now to the boys because I don’t think anything I would have said would’ve helped. It’s not the right moment to start. If I have to say something, which helps either way, like wakes somebody up, or lift somebody, then I have time for doing that tomorrow. I was not in the right mindset to do that this afternoon.

Ultimately the coaches and head coach have failed (to an extent) and now they have to find a way out - which they eventually will.

p.s. he came across very deflated.

He comes across as fucking fuming… He publically went to bat for that team before the game and they let him down… Honestly think for some players that’s it for them…

End of the road for Keita, Ox, Hendo, Fab, and a few others. The road to rebuilding is going to be long and hard (no pun intended)

I honestly don’t get why Trent isn’t being moved to midfield… He can run for one and he can certainly pass as well. It also gets him away from fullback because he’s just given up at even attempting to pretend to be a defender these days.

2 Likes

See Matip is coming in for some shit. Wasnt great today by all accounts but he’s been top drawer for some time, if he’s done then we’re done.

1 Like

I think it was after the Leeds game I commented that it felt like a line had been crossed. That performances were so bad it was in real time adjusting Klopp’s idea of what needed to be done in the summer (and possibly winter) to compete again next year. One of the explanations for offering Naby a new contract, as reported, is if too many other players have played their way into an exit and in that context of having to do that much turn over, retaining Naby makes more sense to provide some continuity.

1 Like