PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

For me Salah is not undroppable and atm is offering nothing offensively or defensively, the amount of time he left Trent 2 v 1 was beyond a joke

Come on ā€˜The-AllMightyRedsā€™, you just pitched a meat ball over the plate, seeing as how one of the Goo Goo Dolls most famous songs is ā€˜Slideā€™.

1 Like

Part of the problem is a lack of investment. The club spends less than other top clubs, let alone clubs with much smaller revenue.

The club has been too slow improving the team. Moving certain players on. Thereā€™s too many players who just donā€™t contribute enough. Even extending contracts like Oxlade-Chmaberlain for instance.

Top teams still lose games. Happens every season.

Thereā€™s no chance Caicedo is on Ā£3,500 a week.

Injuries have also played a part this season, that said the club should still be doing a lot better.

To sell a player, you need a buyer.

1 Like

Imagine that.

What? Another 3 years of Fab and Hendo? Rather not tbh.

Said this some time ago and got shot down for it.
Amazingly talented lad, with exceptional vision going forward, but often gives the impression while defending that he doesnā€™t give a fuck because he knows thereā€™s no realistic competition to displace him.
Little wonder he didnā€™t get a look in during the WC

What makes it even fucking worse is that we already did the exact same thing with Tchouameni.

3 Likes

This is what gets me with the criticism for Thaigo, he is our only one that gets on the ball to try to get us playing, yes he does give the odd ball away in dangerous situations but I prefer that to just hoofing it.

1 Like

How, exactly? We went for Tchouameni. He chose Madrid.

For me he is. And Iā€™m pretty sure that whether he can offer offensively or defensively can change if some other things in our game change. In this setting, itā€™s actually not much of a surprise that he seem to offer nothing.

Yeah , and we had no alternative , yet we were still crying out for a midfielder.

Eggs in one basket and all that.

Prior to this season, the general consensus was that there were only certain players who would strengthen our starting XI. They arenā€™t cheap and will be courted by other top teams, nearly all of them able to offer higher wages than we can, too.

Itā€™s only our piss poor performances this season that have shown that we can aim at players in that second tier, below the very crĆØme de la crĆØme, and still improve the midfield. Letā€™s see what the club does now.

1 Like

I read all the comments and agree with mostā€¦I want to suggest that we need someone to come in,be it consultancy or back room team, to shake this lot upā€¦Gerrard/Souness type personā€¦someone with a fight mentalityā€¦somethi g has to changeā€¦the fights gone, the winning mentality has gone, we look like lost bods in a wilderness, we need fighters not feint heartsā€¦

1 Like

We didnt pursue an alternative because Tchouameni was not identified as filling an immediate need. Instead it was an opportunistic move to go for one of our overall top targets for the next generation of this side at a point when it was known he was going to be available. Itā€™s only difficult to reconcile if you think any transfer is done with a view to the immediate coming season. Instead, it was seemingly the following:

• Klopp and Co were identifying new CMs we could bring in over the next 2-3 years to evolve the side but didnt think we had an immediate need to do anything
  • One fo the players on the top of our target list was known to be move that summer so we threw our hat into the ring
  • He chose somewhere else and so we bided our time content to go another season with the options we had.

The fundamental fuck up was not in getting caught flat footed or not having alternative, but in miscalculating the demands of this weirdly structured season and how capable our group was of meeting them. DO we really think that if Klopp agreed with everyone elseā€™s assessment of our midfield during last summer heā€™d have been content to put those eggs in a basket we wouldnt pursue for another year? That heā€™s essentially write of a season? He just miscalculated and weā€™re paying the price.

2 Likes

So you believe all the clickbait stuff then?

1 Like

wtf is that supposed to mean ?

Unreliable rumours on Twitter etc?

Its a terrible miscalculation though.

And what troubles me most is the fact that its a repeat of a similar miscalculation when we had no CDsā€¦

The manager cannot keep making these huge strategic errors!

Unless they had the emotional maturity of an eight-year old, why wouldnā€™t they?

2 Likes