PreMatch | Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 18 | Saturday December 23rd 17:30h | Anfield

His lack of end product predated his parents kidnapping.

Yeah because he was coming back from that injury.

Anyhow I expect to see Graverberch available here and potentially Jota back for the Newcastle game, Maca probably to if the pain has gone.

Then we will be waiting on Robbo, anyhow Jones gave Klopp something to think about, I think he removed Endo enough early to suggest he will play in this. Iā€™d play Gakpo central and Nunez left but I expect Klopp wonā€™t.

I assume if Graverberch isnā€™t fully on it then he goes with Jones.

3 Likes

TAA, Konate, VVD and Tsimikas

Szoboszlai, Endo and Jones

Salah, Gakpo and Nunez.

Top of the pile for Christmas.

Not without a goalkeeper.

3 Likes

Jones did very well and will be unlucky not to start.
Gomez did very well and might tilt the decision to put Trent in midfield.
Nunez is threatening, even if the goals arenā€™t coming yet, and might get the nod over Diaz, with Gakpo in the middle, sort of knitting it together between the lines.

It should be a great game as Arsenal will come for the win, unlike those cowards down the East Lancs road.

3-1 Liverpool is my prediction. Darwin Nunez brace. And drumroll pleaseā€¦

Joe Gomez to get his first Liverpool goal. He has had a couple of sighters lately, and it looks like it is coming soon.

1 Like

Iā€™d be really tempted into playing this.

Alisson
Gomez Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas
Szoboszlai Trent Jones
Salah Gakpo Nunez

But I think Endoā€™s withdrawal nudges us towards him starting. Which then dictates Trent becomes inverted full back.

1 Like

I think Harvey is going to get a few games on the bounce when Salah goes to the AFCON, and I think that right forward berth is his position long term. If Salah leaves in the summer, I would give Harvey that position and reinvest elsewhere.

Not a title decider, but certainly a game which will go a long way to show where we stand, and if we have a decent shout at calling ourselves title contenders or not.

Anfield will be bouncing, Iā€™ve no doubt about that. Very much looking forward to the game. Arsenal are no slouches these days. Hopefully we can get one over them and take the three points, fingers crossed!

I get the idea of Trent starting in midfield for this one but donā€™t think that will happen. Endo was subbed off early against West Ham and heā€™s been playing really well.

Iā€™ve got copyright on that formation :wink:

Endo may be playing well, but so is Gomez.

I do like that team. Gomez playing well at right back. Trentā€™s vision coming into midfield. Nunez offering more from the left than the current Diaz. Iā€™d be happy if thatā€™s what we do.

Ben White at right back gives Saka freedom, and the Arse left side is set up more expansively. Iā€™d position Salah higher than he has been lately (where many times he is picking up the ball at the half way line).

This would give Zinchenko more to think about. Also, Arteta will probably get a more solid player alongside Rice.

The right subs will be crucial again. If itā€™s a midfield of Odegaard, Rice, and Havertz, we should look to overwhelm them. Make Odegaard and Havertz have to work for it.

1 Like

Gravenberch is readyā€¦
Jota and Maca are close
Robertson will be short once he gets back but making sure the shoulder is right.

2 Likes

BTTS, bet your vacation house on it!! 3-2 LP baby!! LFGGGG. Nunez with a brace and Salah to score a PK.

Iā€™m sure that JĆ¼rgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Return to your ward and take your meds asap.

Villa dropped points to Sheffield at home. Just shows how unpredictable and tight this seasonā€™s title race is.
I expect a tight battle against the Arse. Hopefully our revived atmosphere (thanks Jurgen), will unnerve them.
2-1 to the mighty Reds!

https://twitter.com/BBCArchive/status/1738477041115140486?t=mcM0pbqbRrn6TiCIX_cqEg

1 Like

Hopefully the crowd today will encourage some ā€œgay and inventive ferocityā€ on the pitch!