PreMatch | Liverpool vs Cardiff | FA Cup 4th Round | Sunday February 6th 12:00h | Anfield

They even stole this off us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjXBX0buf4&ab_channel=VariousArtists-Topic

We’re probably going to make a half-time substitution, not because we’re shit, but for the same reason we’ll have substitutes on 60 minutes and 75 minutes. This is a warmup game.

This sort of thing is a reason to swerve in match threads

4 Likes

We really look rusty in this one. Far too many anonymous displays as well.

I was hoping that we could get a couple and give some match time to the younger lads. I’m beginning to think that they would make a better game of it.

Our players look very rusty!

How the fuck did you get new member of the month? Clearly a troll.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, these two week breaks, or one week for that matter, don’t benefit us at all. There’s a definite lack of sharpness in our play each time.

1 Like

xG 1.21 v .05

Have some faith. Yes I understand everyone is annoyed and frustrated or whatever but sit back and relax. Enjoy the boys being back in action.

The crowd at Anfield is massively disappointing.

5 Likes

Actually, that’s not surprising to me since he played international football during the break, so probably the least rusty.

2 Likes

For the 2nd half I want to see us playing it from side to side just outside the 18 yard box before aimlessly putting in a shit cross for the Cardiff defense to easily deal with it. Oh wait…

82% possession.

2 Likes

We’re very much a rhythm team. At least Cardiff is the team we’re against atm and not city

2 Likes

But his awfulness is great as it’ll mean young Harvey comes on in the second half.

On a separate note, I had a difficult time finding a stream for this. The powers that be are clamping down. I might even have to start paying for live games. I shudder at the thought.

firstly, nice to have the boys back, elliot and diaz on the bench. otherwise jus slow and ponderous, jones taking his usual 10 years to move the ball, TAA jus having a quiet season continues. no service for jota

1 Like

We are never playing well after a break, everyone is trying to find a bit of rhythm back, it´s really no big surprise tbf.

5 Likes

I think it’s more the long-term benefit in terms of them getting a rest. The first match back is always iffy but we tend to improve not long after. It’s probably a decent trade-off for us.

Good thing it’s the FA Cup not a league match, at least we can blow off the rustiness here…

3 Likes

Clearly a troll? So you were happy with that first half performance then were you?

1 Like

At least we don’t have to watch it happen vs Leicester :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Minamino and Curtis very poor. Keita and Firmino anonymous.
Apart from Kelleher the rest don’t seem that interested.
Some harsh words needed to galvanise them for second half and/or substitutions.
Over to you Jurgen earn your money.

I think Cardiff have worked out that the best way to stop us scoring is to let us have the ball.