PreMatch | Liverpool vs Chelsea | PL Matchday 8 | Sunday October 20th 16:30h

Time for some real football.

Y.N.W.A.

19 Likes

I didn’t realise that we were at home for this. The next game is away to Leipzig on Wednesday night.

We have players in action this evening, but so far only Alisson and Elliott are definitely going to be missing.

1 Like

Any injury scares?

1 Like

Don’t you mean Wednesday next week for Leipzig?

1 Like

None I’ve seen.

Got Diaz, McAllister, Bradley, Robertson and Nunez tomorrow night.

McAllister kicks off after midnight as does Nunez.

Diaz is in the 9.30pm game which helps a bit.

1 Like

Sorry, yes. I was just looking at the next fixture after Chelsea.

Gakpo played 65 minutes and Gravenberch 80 minutes last night and Konaté playing the full match for France as well as Szoboszlai for Hungary.

Robertson and potentially Jota play tonight. The South American lads will be playing in the early hours, but possibly only Diaz may be involved.

There should be recovery time for everyone, but we will have to see if anyone is carrying any injuries.

1 Like

Sorry, I just spotted your post after repeating half the information. I thought Nunez was banned for Uruguay at the moment?

Unfortunately reprieved :frowning:

2 Likes

For Nunez, the more game time the better. He’s not doing much as it is.

5 Likes

Referee: John Brooks. Assistants: Simon Bennett, Darren Cann. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: Michael Oliver. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Oh no! They’re all bastards who hate us. We’re doomed!

5 Likes

Apparently he was praised for his performance by the Uruguay media. But it wasn’t that he was particularly impressive, more like he put in a good shift and was the best of a bad bunch.

1 Like

Well, at least Oliver and his odd personality is away from the pitch.

Yeah I’d rather Oliver in Stockley Park rather than Anfield Park.

1 Like

?? Never heard it called that before…

4 Likes

Chelsea have been a state for a while, but the new manager is getting a tune out of them. He binned half of the ridiculous squad off, and he is working with his preferred half, which contains lots of talent. He looks like he is harnessing it in the right direction, and I expect them to finish fourth, or at the worst, be in the top four conversation to the end.

This is a tough game, and it will give us an idea of how well the team is progressing. We are top, but as we all know the fixtures have been kind. We need to make sure we turn up and get into them. I’m frustrated by the international break as it disrupts our rhythm, and even though we’ve made a good start, we are still a work in progress as Slot works on getting the team playing the way he wants.

Ideally we play well and win well, but at this stage any three points will be welcome, even if the performance level isn’t tip-top, and even if Chelsea have their moments.

2-1 Liverpool is my prediction.

Palmer for them.
Salah and Diaz for us.

3 Likes

Robertson played the full 90 minutes in Scotland’s 0:0 draw with Portugal with Jota being subbed after 90 minutes. Nunez and Diaz will be making their way back from South America after both playing. Mac Allister played 20 minutes as a sub.

Oh, and Conor Bradley captained Northern Ireland to a 5:0 victory over Bulgaria, so he’ll be on a high.

Anyway, they all featured at some point and I haven’t seen any reports of knocks or injuries, although Mac is seemingly recovering from some earlier issue.

1 Like

I’m not to bothered with a Tuesday to Sunday thing it’s pretty standard for the likes of Jota and Bradley.

Issue is that additional travel across the Atlantic.

At least Diaz and Maca didn’t play the full 90.

1 Like

I’m expecting a lethargic performance, 0-0 if we are lucky.

That’s the spirit! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes