PreMatch | Liverpool vs Luton Town | Wednesday February 21st 19:30h

We can go strong with the defence for at least 60 minutes. Gomez, VVD, Konate, Tsimi. I will substitute Bradley and Robbo in for some match time because these 2 I will play them in the cup final. Bring in Quansah for VVD if we are up comfortably.

Midfield, will start with Endo, Mac and Grav. Again youths can come in if we are up after 60-70 minutes.

Forwards, will start with Diaz, Elliot and Gakpo. No point risking Salah and Nunez from the start. We can bring them in if those 3 don’t do the job after 60 minutes.

I think we see what is available.

Not sure we even have what we think we have or is Klopp playing all this close to his chest.

Since Salah and Nunez are a doubt, it is unlikely either of them will start - at best they both make the bench. So the forward line and midfield pick themselves. Defence is the only department where Klopp can ring changes, and I think he will start Gomez at either flank (may it be for Bradley or Robbo). We might then see one or two kids coming on around 70’.

It is going to be a hard match, Luton will surely be up for it - though they had a day less to prepare and are not used to play every three days.

We just need to somehow get the three points. Oh, and without any new injuries as we are already down to bare bones.

I think Nunez might be a bit better than assumed.

Let’s not forget that by half time Klopp has already used two of his three permitted stoppages to make subs. He has only got one left.

If Nunez is feeling something Klopp can’t have him asking to come off on 55mins, he has to do the sub at half time, so he doesn’t have to stop the game again.

2 Likes

I did wonder why teams make multiple substitutions at the same time…I must have missed the rules changing.

Very nervous because of the injuries but hope and think the home advantage will help us keep the three points.

3 Likes

Yeah - you’re allowed to make five subs, but you have to make them across three breaks in play. But you can also use half time.

I’m not sure anyone knows if Mo is out, Guardian quotes the press conference but I didn’t hear it nethier did the official website, not sure where the journo got that quote from.

Again with Nunez we don’t know.

Thanks for clarifying that. I meant to ask in the match thread as I was unsure of the rule.

It’s just speculation again. Jürgen said during the press conference that only those he listed are confirmed to be out (and the other long-term issues). The rest will be judged day by day as per the usual muscle tweaks that they can suffer.

The rest of it is just “influencers” trying to get attention.

2 Likes

Gary off YouTube says he is not an influencer, he’s an ITK.

1 Like

It’s not speculation:

From that article. Literally the only difference being that he explicitly named them.

4 Likes

The Nunez thing is actually no different from what he said on Saturday.

Anyhow if they are fit I’d probably pop them on the bench.

Nunez to start perhaps as it seems his is less of an issue though frankly we don’t know.

Chances are those two are the only two who will be back for the final, hopefully Dom and Trent wouldn’t be so much more after that.

1 Like

This game is more important than Sunday. Strong as possible.

2 Likes

From your lip to Klopp’s ear, Walshy.

But it is even more important not to risk players if they are not ready to start.

1 Like

Absolutely ********ing mental.

I really hope that question mark doesn’t reveal itself after tonight…

Sadly it feels bang average. Every time I’ve visited the EPL injury site it’s always about 7-8 for a decade.

Anyhow let’s behind the side and let’s be hopeful at least those closer to return, return soon.

Nonsense, we’ve got this…

https://twitter.com/AnfieldSector/status/1760077723752440276?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1760077723752440276|twgr^9ebb23b159036ec2bfb2f79bab3283d3928b4632|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigsoccer.com%2Fthreads%2Fliverpool-vs-luton-epl-feb-21-r.2129458%2F

1 Like