PreMatch | Liverpool vs Luton Town | Wednesday February 21st 19:30h

That’s different, subs from the bench in a certain match situation. But from the start.

2 Likes

Shitty situations occur near the bottom.

It’s not ideal, but I think everything Jürgen has said or done this season makes me believe that even if we’re not cruising they might still come on.

“Half the Liverpool team is out we have a great chance!”

“Awesome, has missing players affected them badly this season then?”

2 Likes

They might have to, we might see more minutes for them in coming games and weeks. The point was that we’ll take both games 100% serious and there won’t be a massive difference between who starts tomorrow night and who starts on Sunday.

Hopefully no more injuries! :joy:

1 Like

Focussing on who is available, without going to deep in the squad and looking at players like Nyoni, we have 16 players available, which becomes 18, if Salah and Nunez are OK.

Kelleher, Adrian, Gomez, Van Dijk, Konate, Tsimikas, Robertson, Quansah, Bradley, Endo, Mac Allister, Elliott, Gravenberch, Clark, Diaz and Gakpo.

I’m trying to go through creative solutions, like three at the back, playing 442 with Robbo and Tsimikas down the left, playing Gomez in midfield, pushing Elliott up front etc, but I think we know what Klopp will do.

Clark, McConnell and Gordon will rise up the pecking order and encouraged to take their chance.

1 Like

I’m just hoping it’s not worse.

Beating Soton in a weeks time does give us the ability to move a march match to April or May.

Rob has now confirmed in his presser earlier today both Brown and Adebayo aren’t fit and won’t travel.

1 Like

We never went 3 at the back from the start under Klopp. Rarely did it during a game, near the end. In his first few seasons and it didn’t look good anyway. This is far from a situation where we drastically change something in terms of going from 4 to 3 at the back. Maybe a change to 4-4-2, but not more than that.

1 Like

Yes, they are a lot of fun right now, and what is more fun than seeing a Reds’ win by 7 or 8 goals?

I say bring the fun on :wink:

Pretty easy to guess what Klopp will go for across most of the team;

I assume it’ll be surprisingly strong - something like;

Kelleher

Bradley Quansah Virgil Robbo

Macca Endo Gravenberch

Elliot Gakpo Diaz

Ring the changes as soon as the game is safe, getting Virgil, Macca, Robbo, Endo and Diaz off ideally. Maybe Bradley.

Maybe Klopp does go with more of the kids, with a view of bringing on the big guns if we are struggling, but I can’t see Klopp risking a big rotation - PL is still the most important competition for us - vital 3 points.

Furthermore, after this game the next one of true consequence is Nottingham Forest away on 2 March.

If we get through Luton, we have the cup final and the Southampton game in which we can roll the dice and take our chances. I’d love to win the league cup, but not at the expense of winning either league game either side. The FA Cup game is the one where the big players should be nowhere near it.

4 Likes

We’re not in the FA cup final yet

1 Like

That’s what I get for jumping the gun.

Been thinking about that the last few days. I think we have the players to play it with Robbo and Bradley as wing-backs but it’s something JK doesn’t seem interested in trying.
I think Tsimikas has played further forward for Greece? May be an option in midfield.
4-2-3-1 might work, McAllister and Endo the 2, Diaz, Gravenberch and Elliott with Gakpo up top.
One thing for sure, we are down to the bones of our arse.

1 Like

Well… missing players in combination with the biggest most ludicrous brain fart of Virgil & Alison’s collective careers is responsible for half our losses this season.

The most ludicrous failure in the history of VAR is responsible for the other half.

3 Likes

To be honest we deserved nothing in that Arsenal game.

It’s the only I can remember, maybe Palace but we probably deserved a point there and got all three. Throw in that performance again Toulouse and Fulham which wasn’t great and I think everything else we’ve deserved to win even when we’ve been shit for one half.

2 Likes

True - but deserved has nothing to do with results some days. We were missing Szobo and Mo terribly, Trent was rusty… but we we were level and had gotten a foothold and likely would have at least held on for a draw if 2 of are classiest players hadn’t failed at the basics.

1 Like

Not even sure we had a foothold.

We had it level that’s about as much as I’d agree on and frankly they are the reason we’ve won so many.

How the hell did LFC have so many players out for Luton and possibly the cup final?

Even more incredibly, how did Alisson fuck his hamstring up in training before a league match??

Surely, there must be an inquest into our training methods…

1 Like