PreMatch | Liverpool vs Luton Town | Wednesday February 21st 19:30h

It’s all here… interesting with the social media focus on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3kmZ35oy9J/?igsh=eTJ4ZjdjaHcwb3A5

Salah and Nunez don’t seem to be serious for now, so let’s see. Could be fit for tomorrow, could be for Wembley or the following game. That’s how I understood.

There’s no sugar coting such informations if we only listen from the horses mouth. Although we had more cases where it turned out to be longer than expected. It’s just how it goes.

We’ll have the squad we have and just squeeze the maximum out of that group in each game.

Well, there was never any reliable information that Salah suffered a reocurrence of his injury, and about Nunez, we only know it was precautionary to take him off on Saturday. We do not even know if anyone of those two is in fact injured. In any case, none of them is definitely ruled out for tomorrow (as the unreliable Egyptian report suggested with regard to Salah), so I will take that as a positive.

1 Like

You goddamn optimist, can’t you see we are trying to throw a funeral for our season over here?!

Speak for yourself, I’m manifesting a front three of Diaz, Gakpo, and Gordon destroying Luton.

1 Like

I’d have to go “full strength” for the final.

Cannot justify rotating in a Final, if it’s there to win, we have to go for it with all we got.

If we have to give a rest to players do it in the league.

2 Likes

We have two home games against “easier” opposition either side of the final, which helps… in theory, at least.

Pity that we have barely any fit players.

2 Likes

Why we stressing? We not in the title race.

Title races are overrated when you know you’re gonna win every game anyway. Title races are mere consolation prizes for us. Why do you think JK never speaks of it :wink:

I’m devastated about what happened to Jota. It seemed with him that thing happened that occasionally happens with a player, when they visibly go up a level infront of your eyes. Like a sharpening or a quickening. It’s a dreadfully, cruel injury at an awful time for him personally, because everything was happening for him.

6 Likes

Luton are a team you don’t want to give any encouragement to. They are obviously at the bottom of the league for a reason, but they have managed this season far better that the other teams at the bottom, including Forest, Everton and Palace - it’s become an adventure. They know that they are going to get beaten loads of time, but they are also having loads of fun, and that is going to bring them the odd result.

Klopp knows that that spinning a woe is us tale around injuries is akin to dropping blood in the water. We have to take this seriously but also carry a confidence that whatever side we put out, it’s good enough to do the job.

If Salah and Nunez are touch and go, then I would play Elliott as part of the front three, and hopefully they can both do twenty minutes off the bench.

3 Likes

Hold on, they are bottom of the league? :open_mouth: Well then, we know how this one will pan out… :see_no_evil:

Near the bottom.

But the point is that there is a lot of fun about them at the minute, and we don’t want to give them any encouragement.

Ah, I’m reassured. :smiley: Yeah, obviously agree with your point.

Well we know King was wrong on Jones so wouldn’t surprise me if he was wrong on Nunez.

As for Salah well we only have that source.

They gave us a good game and we drew at their place and they also improved in a lot of games since then, especially lately. No doubt that we have to take it seriously, it’s a standard these days in this league, we’re not saying anything particularly new. We don’t have enough players to seriously rotate the side for Luton until Wembley. But we had enough days in between games lately that we should be really fine going 100% for both games, with maybe only a change or two.

1 Like

I assume if someone pulled up with a hamstring on Sunday they would miss this.

If we’re cruising at 60’ I can see Clark and McConnell making it on.

Bit late for that, they’ll already be encouraged with half the team being out.