PreMatch | Liverpool vs Luton Town | Wednesday February 21st 19:30h

Ladies and gentlemen, Liverpool will be playing:

Four
Four
Fucking
Two

1 Like

I’m just going to enjoy the cognitive dissonance of the Bitters desperately wanting us to lose whilst hoping that Luton lose by a record margin.

2 Likes

Not sure you can blame the medical staff for Salah if his injury rumour is true. He was on the bench with the plan to come on in the 2nd half, but when Jota got injured Klopp chose to bring him on early. He could have easily stuck with the original plan and used Gakpo or Elliott to replace Jota

Yeah but if the data is there then surely he should have gone with one of those.

Nunez has played on the right and Elliott is also an option.

I’ll be less of an issue with Dom and Trent as they did get a full game or two in them before the reoccurrence, 40 minutes suggests the data is rather poor.

Oddest thing is it’s not been that typical of us throughout Klopp’s reign.

Which suggests that it is less a medical team issue and more down to Klopp and the coaching staff making that choice

Depends what the data said, if the data said Salah was fine to play a set amount of minutes and Klopp pushed beyond that then Klopp and the coaching staff are at fault. If the data said Salah could play 70 or so minutes say it works on 3rds then he isn’t pushing the data is he.

Don’t think any data shows in minutes, it’s the doctors who use different clues, including data. And I don’t think Klopp would push beyond what’s been advised to him by them. He knows the risk right now. Even in situation where the doctors give the green light and we play the player, unexpected things can happen.

That is all fair, but if the medical team thought Salah was fit enough to play 70 minutes, then he would have started and been taken off around the 65-70 minute mark. The fact that he started on the bench gives strong hint that the medical team felt he would be could for no more than 45 minutes so bringing him on early in the first half is either down to Klopp or Lijnders

He was brought on because of the injury to Jota. In a match where points are vital.

All the stats and data in the world become irrelevant when such factors are decided upon.

2 Likes

Thankfully.
Klopp gets to make football decisions.

The only player he could use to replace Jota was Salah.
If he brings Elliot on and we drop points he is questioned about Salah on the bench…

If a player is fit for the bench he is fit to play a part in the match.
Irrespective of data and stats.
If the medics tell Klopp not to risk him, then he doesn’t travel.

1 Like

Both players could’ve come on at different stages. We were 0-1 up. Important game, but nothing was going to be decided on Saturday. My only concern at that time is if he had warmed up properly and I think I saw he did. He was in full training before the game. There are cases where a player is on the bench and not planned to be used. We know too little about Mo’s situation anyway. All we have right now is a questionable source. Don’t see where the fuss is. We’ll hear more from Klopp later.

I suspect that it was intended for Salah to come on after 60 minutes. The first half injuries rather scuppered those plans. I would not be at all surprised if Mo is rested, or at least benched if fit, for tomorrow night.

Apart from Alisson, Jota, and Jones, no new confirmed injuries, just take it day-by-day.

2 Likes

Yeah,

Said everything else was day by day and we will see what is available tomorrow.

Also name-checked McConnell, Clark, Koumas, Danns, Nyoni as potential players who could step up.

No time frame eithier on Alisson, Jota or Jones (Though Jones sounded less concerning). I assume we might get some training photos later so we can see who is in the training then.

Seem confused by 3 which concerned me but then started with Alisson so I assume he wasn’t thinking about Nunez. Anyhow fingers crossed.

Alisson out for the foreseeable time, so nothing new there.

Jones sounded a bit worse than what I was hoping for post-Brentford.

Salah and Nunez are more about day by day, which is fine and expected.

The next ones to return will apparently be Trent and Szobo.

Can’t wait when both of them return, both are used in midfield and then Klopp suddenly shifts MacAllister from his current RCM role to LCM.

:man_facepalming:t2:

Losing Jota for months would be a big blow even if everyone else was fit. Now, with what seems like half the team out and questionmarks over Salah’s and Nunez’s availability, it could prove to be season defining with a crucial league game tomorrow and a cup final a few days away.

1 Like

He didn’t actually say who wasn’t being managed day by day though did he.