PreMatch | Liverpool vs Luton Town | Wednesday February 21st 19:30h

Sunday is a one off game for a trophy. Initiatives can be gained or lost multiple times until May.

We had some full weeks to prepare recently, I don’t expect us to calculate much here, having Sunday in mind. It’s a home game, maybe there’s a change or two (there might have to be because we had some injuries over which we’ll know more about tomorrow when Klopp speaks, we have 5 subs, I expect us to be fine.

No doubt that concentration is Luton first, then Chelsea.

Yeah, agree with this. Luton needs to be played and hopefully beaten before we start talking about Chelsea.

1 Like

While it’s true that they can put those kinds of runs together, I think it’s also true that they are not the all conquering behemoths we have seen previously. A lot was made of their winning run and the sense of an ominous unbeatable Man City appearing in the second half of the season - while possible - was getting way overhyped.

In this winning run of theirs they had some of the kindest fixtures anyone could imagine. Since drawing at home to Crystal Palace they have beaten - Everton (twice), Sheff Utd at home, Newcastle away, Burnley at home and Brentford away. They also conceded at least once in four of those games. It doesn’t get much easier.

Anyway - win our games we win the league. I just don’t think we will have to win all of them as some people assume we will. City’s March looks pretty tough, I don;t think they get through it unscathed.

1 Like

I think Man City will drop points in March too. I looked at the fixtures and they have a very tough run. Ideally we keep on winning so we don’t have to be in a position where we have to count on them dropping points.

Rumours of Nunez, Salah and Jota out as we know it not really sure how we can hang in it if any of this is true (bar Jota which we know).

Not to mention our CM

Elliott - Gakpo - Diaz then?

Basically down to bare bones.

I don’t really see us going anywhere with this. And no doubt one will get injured so we play Kade Gordon on Sunday.

Wish the club would put this stuff out frankly getting tiresome being leaked. If Salah is true I’d be concerned with some of the medical teams decisions.

You can’t help stuff like Jota and Jones but you can be better on other stuff.

I’d have my doubts we can cope though.

Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil, Robertson, Bradley, MacAllister, Endo, Gravenberch, Gakpo, Diaz. 4-4-2
Rest Konate for the final and keep Elliott on the bench for fresh legs in the second half.

1 Like

Anyhow apparently Dominic King said the following:

Nunez 2 weeks
Jones a week
Jota 2 months

Said nothing on Salah so we will see with that one. Hopefully wrong on Nunez and right on Jones.

King said a “couple of weeks” on Nunez, so could be more than 2.

But I’m calm, just waiting for Klopp’s presser tomorrow. Maybe there will be also some good news, because right now it seems like we’re getting info from all kinds of sources (not very good ones also).

A couple is 2?

He also says Jones a week and then suggests he may make the cup final which is not usually I’d suggest is a proper timeframe.

We shall wait for Klopp’s update tomorrow. It doesn’t make sense to lose any sleep over some unreliable throwing-injuries-around wankers.

3 Likes

Here’s one for the ages, last good news we had?

Brentford 1 - 4 Liverpool

6 Likes

A married couple is usually two unless there’s something kinky going on.

Get your Marxist nonsense out of @Dutch’s bedroom.

Yeah, it’s probably different in Holland to be fair.

So will you finally answer my simple question, did you called me a pedophile?

Nerver mind, by not ansering you have said enough.

8 games in 25 days I believe.

Expecting injuries to cost us very soon. :sweat:

Might be the cup final or the FA Cup but I don’t even feel like we’ll be top of the league by the time we’ll play City.

Desperately need some good news on the players who are not confirmed to be out long term and desperately need some luck with injuries from now on.

1 Like

Kinda meant more within the club as opposed to a positive result but nevermind and even that result, resulted in the casualty of 2 players.