PreMatch | Liverpool vs Man City | FA Community Shield | Saturday July 30th 17:00h | King Power Stadium

Not a friendly or a preseason game for me. 16 years since we last won it and you can never have enough shiny stuff in your trophy cabinet.

Teams in the Community Shield are permitted up to six substitutions. If the scores are level after 90 minutes, the teams play a penalty shootout.

Adrian
TAA Matip Konate Tsimikas
Henderson Fabinho Keita
Salah Firmino Díaz

Subs: VvD, Robertson, Thiago, Milner, Nunez, Elliott

Y.N.W.A.

4 Likes

Totally meaningless game for me, but we are in it because we won a trophy last season, so I guess I shouldn’t complain that we are involved in this one… :wink:

Use that game to build up match fitness and hone our game automatisms against top opposition, take some pleasure out of it, and the result will be what it will be.

8 Likes

As I always think about this game: perfect as the last preparation before the season starts properly. Good if they win, no consequences if they lose.

I’m guessing the team that finished vs Salzburg starts this. Interesting to see who starts for City, I think they’ve had fewer pre season games than Liverpool.

2 Likes

I think with the season how it is I’m happy to treat this as another step to season fitness going into the Fulham game.

One game I can watch which it doesn’t matter before the pressure cooker starts again.

2 Likes

It’s a friendly, the result means a much to me as tonight, good workout for the boys and no injuries.

1 Like

Game v City for me is never a friendly, a friendly is a team you share good relations with.

Hope we batter them and our fans troll them all through the night (which would be a given)…maybe a cheeky niggling injury to De Bruyne and Haaland.

3 Likes

Its only a friendly. Unless we win, then its very important. Until then its only a friendly. But we’re gonna win, so its important.

3 Likes

It is a preseason game, and it doesn’t go in the trophy cabinet

Bigger game is on sunday. who do we play again?

Fucking hate that to be honest. Always feel its wrong to wish injury on players.

3 Likes

I think it’s more important to us that we win as we are more game ready imo. I think city have only had a couple of pre season game, and 2-3 of their main players couldn’t enter USA.

3-0!!!

Yeah I know I felt bad saying it tbh….ehhh fuck it it’s only City at the end of the day.

Same club thats fans sing about a defenceless person that suffered life changing injuries….don’t think I give much of a fuck.

2 Likes

It’s inconsequential to the season but it sets a tone and sends a message to our closest rival again for the PL. A 2-1 win for us.

1 Like

Only a friendly but still nice to win it.

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

4 Likes

Holidays is over, boys. Get back to work!

This match isnt important.
Just another pre season run out that makes no difference to the season.

Or
This is a trophy.
An opportunity to rattle City prior to the main event.

I think Klopp will field a strong team and try to win the match.

If we don’t win, the season is over.

Yep
But we have a lot more class than them.

Its just a personal viewpoint…I heard an Arsenal fan willing Tierney to break Mane’s leg last year and thought it was cuntish.
Just think we are a bit better.

2 Likes