PreMatch | Liverpool vs Man City | FA Community Shield | Saturday July 30th 17:00h | King Power Stadium

TV Listings here: https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4378094/liverpool-vs-manchester-city/

It’s on ITV/STV/UTV in the UK which is nice. DAZN in Germany so I doubt I’ll be forking out 30€ for a glorified friendly. Looks like I’ll be fiddling around with the VPN again.

3 Likes

I’m out Saturday so will miss this. Be nice to win it but not fussed really.
Can’t believe the season is 10 days away. Only seems like the last one ended about a week ago.
I hope the players are ready because I’m not. I’ve enjoyed no football and watched about 5 mins of pre-season.

5 Likes

If this was posted about our team/players on any other forum or social media platform, we’d be up in arms. So no, I do not wish any type of injury to any player on the pitch.

3 Likes

It gets said all the time Helix, football can drastically change peoples mood swings.

If it ain’t on here then it’s not a real trophy. But, it is a bit of a marker of where we’re at going into the season so for me seeing a good performance is more important than the actual result.

4 Likes

7 injuries and the season has not even started … :rage:

It’s not really a surprise though…it’s not like anyone new has been added…

The seven are;

Ali - prob plays this weekend
Kelleher - picked up an issue a couple of weeks ago
Ramsay - had an issue on arrival - annoying for his settling in, but not crucial to the team.
Jota - recurrence of his hamstring issue if i remember correctly - we’ve known for a while - plenty up front
Gordon - who knows, shame he’s missed so much of pre-season
Ox - unsurprising really…
Kostas - a “knock” - suggests he’s taken a bang to the joint, but done no damage to anything - not ideal if he’s missing the start of the season, but if it was a serious one we’d know.

Scaremongering and clickbait from TIA’s headline right there.

On the game itself, i don’t care about the result per say, but what I don’t want is us to get beaten comfortably - no 3-0+ scorelines. A loss by one and a half decent performance, or 0-0 pennos will be fine by me - however ideally we smash them to pieces.

5 Likes

Odd that the Super Cup is on but not the Charity Shield as they more or less perform the same function. Is the Charity Shield now demoted to the same level as winning the Transfer Window?

Could be worse. Our entire backline was running on fumes during a season so not really concerned atm.

But it appears on clubs wiki page…surely that counts for something??

I reckon the Audi cup appears on Spurs Wiki page too - sums up Wiki pages.

1 Like

It doesn’t actually…as of right now anyway :smiley: but you’ve given me an idea.

Pretty much sums my point up re. Wiki pages.

Yup one starter and he is likely to start one of them (I think Joyce said it was too soon this week or one of the proper journos).

Two potential starters and then the rest are new or hardly play anyhow.

:flushed:

5 Likes

Adrian is due a mistake sadly…

Glad Becker will be ready for Fulham mind that’s the important thing.

The Super Cup and Community Shield are both categorised as the same type of competition but there’s a bit more prestige to the Super Cup given you need to win a European trophy to get into it.

No one is counting the Community Shield as a major trophy though. It’s a “nice to win” type thing but it’s a while now since it’s been something that is really contested by the teams.

2 Likes

Don’t jinx it please. He’s been good pre-season if I’m not mistaken.

4 Likes

Have a bit of faith.