PreMatch | Liverpool vs Man City | FA Community Shield | Saturday July 30th 17:00h | King Power Stadium

Not a massive deal but it would be nice to win this.

--------------Adrian-------------
Trent–VVD–Konate–Robo
----------Fabinho---------------
-Elliot-----------------Jones–
Salah—Bobby-----Diaz—

Or something…

3 Likes

Depending on what team Cheaty plays a midfield with Elliott and Jones will not beat them IMHO.

1 Like

By all accounts, Adrian is well liked in the dressing room, and just the type of personality you want in a backup. MIgnolet sat on the bench all season in his last year, and just as he leaves, Adrian comes from no where and things just fall into place for him.

Kelleher seems to miss chunks of the season, and is usually timed just as Ali is out. And so it happens again.

But it’s a friendly, so it’s all good. Adrian has been in good form in preseason, but we all know that he has a clanger in him (I swear he is at his worst in the two minutes after making a good save - it’s like he is playing that over in his head).

Here’s to Adrian keeping out Haarland and co.

5 Likes

If Tsimi Alli Jota Ramsay and Ox are the only absentees then I’d like to see; Adrian Trent Konate Matip Robbo Fab Thiago Carvalho Salah Nunez Diaz

1 Like

—————Adrian—————
—TAA—Ibou—VVD—Robbo-
—Hendo—-Fab—-Thiago—-
—Mo———Darwin—-Diaz—

1 Like

Yea, for sure against a full strength city they would struggle. I’m assuming that both sides will have mix of youth and experience. Think it would be good to give both the vote of confidence to start this one. But yea I guess it’s unlikely.

1 Like

No ifs really - we know Tsimi, Ali, Jota and ox are 100% out - as for Ramsay - even if he had started training this week, he’s not be seeing game time for Saturdays match in any case. Don’t think we’ll see any others out (i hope).

I’d have Hendo in for Thiago to start.

Nothing’s ever guaranteed in life Rupz other than death…taxes…and price inflations.

Unlike some I believe in miracles & am very religious, so enough of us pray for a miracle…I remain positive all could be ready to go.

1 Like

Wow that post was deep on so many levels! :joy:

I won’t be one of those praying sadly.

3 Likes

Joleeen Joleeeen Joleeen JOEELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

I’m begging you, pleaseeeee don’t.take.my.maaaaaaan.

Quite obviously never lived in Japan…

Have any of our players played 90 minutes yet in a preseason game? Adrian is in goal so I hope he’s good on the day. I expect a mixture of fringe players and starters and Pep not to take it too seriously.

No, I think maybe 60 is the most anyone has played…?

We should maybe come into this a little ahead of City in preparation, I guess. But I thought they looked sharp against Bayern.

Missing a few players though; Foden, Gundogan, Laporte, Stones(?). Haaland has only played 40 minutes this pre-season.

1 Like

It’s bizarre how few games city have had this preseason. I wonder what the thinking is?

No worries, they will just buy 5 more players at 50mil each end of Aug after they played a few games to get match fit for their respective clubs. Why do it yourself when other clubs can do it for you?

1 Like

Should be an interesting glimpse of how both teams are shaping up for the battles ahead, and will be good to see us back in a competitive game. Not too worried about the result and just hoping for a decent match and seeing how the players link up! COME ON YOU REDS!!

1 Like

I think we will go strong in this one, but not necessarily with a first choice XI. After all, 6 subs are available (and Klopp will use them fondly), so I expect some firepower left on the bench at the kick-off in order to have some sub options available, mostly in midfield and attack.

I can thus see one of Jones or Elliott starting in midfield alongside two more experienced options (Fab and Thiago probably). Maybe Gomez starts at RB to neutralize City attacks in the first half? Attack is probably nailed on from the start with Salah, Bobby and Diaz - Bobby is in my opinion a must from the start of the game because otherwise we could very easily lose the midfield battle and the front line could be cut away from the midfield.

It is a trophy (not a significant one, true, but still a trophy) and the game is against Cheaty, so I would love to win it. But yes, if we lose, it will not be a disaster.

3 Likes

Oh well, if we are going to play in the match, may as well win the blasted thing.

4 Likes

I would love for Liverpool to win this Charity Shield, just for the club to have an extra piece of silverware on the mantlepiece.

However, i am not too fussed if we don’t win it. I will be abit gutted for a while, but we have such a long season to go. I would rather we concentrate on Champions League and EPL.

6 Likes

(4-3-3) - Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago; Diaz, Firmino, Salah