PreMatch | Liverpool vs Norwich | FA Cup 5th Round | Wednesday March 2nd 20:15h | Anfield

There’s a joke about German sausage somewhere in here, but I’ll be damned if I can’t find it…

5 Likes

Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Konate Tsimikas
Milner Jones Ox
Minamino Origi Jota

Really wish we had Chrivella still this season… Could do with his ability to make good forward passes…

Gordon and Rhys Williams on the bench

Norwich will be up for this one and it wont be an easy game but We should get this done…

If Kelleher is still hung over , get Adrian in.

If Kelleher is still drunk you’d play Becker I also don’t see why you’d want a bench of U23s.

They gave our first team a good game if we treat it like some on here then we’ll end up losing it.

5 Likes

There’s 5 subs again for this one so we still have the option to rest some of the big guns for part of the match. We know from the league match that Norwich will really have a go at us on this one. We also know that they will start to wear themselves out as the game progresses. I’d definitely look at starting Jones in midfield along with Keïta. I’d also be tempted to give Salah a rest and start with Minimino on the right.

Occurred to me last night that if we win the FA Cup this year that would give Klopp a clean sweep of every domestic, european and international club trophy we’ve been eligible to win. And he’d have done it in a four year window.

Imagine going back to the Roy days and telling your younger self to stick with it because it won’t be long until Liverpool are on their way to clearing up every trophy going in just four years.

Makes me really want this one just we can see Klopp complete England, Europe and the World in his time here.

3 Likes

Had the same thought, but we would still need the charity shield as well.

Unfortunately we did not win the Europa League when we reached the final under Klopp. :see_no_evil:

Oh yea, and that one!

That isn’t a major trophy. Jose might count it but I sure as shit don’t and it isn’t on the Champions Wall at Kirby or Anfield.

Would have been nice but we haven’t been in that competition in the last four year window so I’m not too fussed. I’d be strangely disappointed to be winning the Europa League now.

5 Likes

Why do you say that? The pitch is state of the art with a mix of artificial fibres. The old Wembley had that reputation but never heard it said about this one.

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Minutes in February

Trent: six games, 570 minutes
Robertson: six games, 500 minutes
Tsimikas: two games, 160 minutes

VVD: seven games, 680 minutes :exploding_head:
Matip: five games, 450 minutes
Konaté: three games, 210 minutes
Gomez: one game, 90 minutes

Fabinho: five games, 449 minutes
Henderson: six games, 359 minutes
Keïta: five games, 321 minutes
Thiago: six games, 315 minutes
Curtis: three games, 194 minutes
Elliott: four games, 163 minutes
AOC: one game, 62 minutes
Milner: five games, 79 minutes

Salah: six games, 511 minutes
Diaz: six games, 425 minutes
Mané: five games, 386 minutes
Jota: five games, 288 minutes
Minamino: three games, 71 minutes
Origi: three games, 56 minutes

Considering the amount of time they have already played and the amount of games still to come, surely we should rest Trent, Robertson, VVD, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson, Salah, and Diaz. Alisson don’t get past that beautiful boy, while I wouldn’t risk Thiago after the latest scare.

I would rotate Mane and Jota while giving the other two spots to Origi and Minamino. RB and #6 spots are a bit tricky, Milner can fill one of those but we have to innovate specially since Morton is injured.

2 Likes

Norwich are at home to Brentford on Saturday, surely that must be more important to them then a cup run. I know they are likely to go down but if they beat Brentford they will be 4 points behind them with a game in hand.

1 Like

Largely because you have West Ham in 2 days and Inter to follow after that. The Premier League and Champions League still has to be the main priority here. The domestic cups only get priority once we reach the semi’s. Until then, Klopp has to play the youngsters especially in games against opposition like norwich (who have more critical relegation battles to follow, There’s really nothing an extended cup run gives the likes of Norwich, especially when compared to the millions they lose when they get relegated.

Stick to giving time to the youngsters and the fringe players for this one with enough of first team guys like Milner etc to maintain the intensity. If we get to the quarters , LFC can think of giving more importance.

1 Like

We lost the UEFA Cup final (or was it Europa League by then?) so it’s not quite a clean sweep but even Paisley missed out on the FA Cup so it’s a pretty tall order for any manager.

Our games after this one:

Mar 05: West Ham
Mar 08: Inter
Mar 12: Brighton
Mar 16: Arsenal
Mar 20: United

2 Likes

At least we’re guaranteed three points in our last game going into the international break.

1 Like

A lot depends on the Norwich mindset. If they believe they can still avoid relegation then they might go below strength for this which would seem logical as their chances of winning the cup are as small as their chances of avoiding relegation. Surely trying to stay up should be their priority. We will obviously shuffle the pack and the beauty of 5 subs means we can give a few key players 45 or 60 minutes without starting to weak. One thing for sure we do not want to go out to a team that is going to be relegated.

4 Likes

As i said… Plenty of tough games to follow … United will be a respite though…

There is an image I didn’t need this evening :laughing: