PreMatch | Liverpool vs Norwich | FA Cup 5th Round | Wednesday March 2nd 20:15h | Anfield

Why would you play Adrian and not Becker though.

He hasn’t played for a week? In fact I’d play Becker because it’s good that he gets game time in.

I also think Inter Milan will be a chance for rotation. Considering we now don’t need to score and with an Anfield crowd it’s going be tough for them to go for it and not be caught.

I think we have the squad to go for it, not against playing Morton and Gordon but we shouldn’t be looking for a whole scale removal of any first Teamer.

End of the day it doesn’t matter what we think but I think that’s how Klopp will think, I expect Kelleher to remain in goal mind and considering Becker was sub yesterday I expect the same again.

Kelleher - 2nd choice and brilliant keeper.

Bradley - Played decent against Norwich and could be our new Neco needs the game time at senior level.

Konate - Needs games

Gomez - Needs even more.

Kostas - Second choice and fantastic

Morton - Same as Bradley. Needs senior game time and need to plan without Millie if he is not getting a new deal

Curtis - Needs games

Harvey- Same

Minamino - Same again

Kaide - Same as Bradley and Morton

Origi - Same as the Curtis and Harvey crowd. Needs football

1 Like

Not playing Ox as I think he’s leaving. Have to give our future minutes over those that are going.

I’d have more senior players, be a bit odd if Milner doesn’t start here and if we are playing youngsters I’d rather he be on the pitch with them.

If that means at RB for Bradley or CM for Morton it’s probably one of the two as I want Elliott and Jones to start, I’d go for the latter sadly even though I think Morton is further on.

I’d play Jota or Mane up top but Minimo and Origi with Gordon on the bench potentially with Mane or Jota, also questions on that if Firmino is fit as if he comes back like Jota he will be rusty and needs game time. It’s why I’d start Jota here, need him back in the flow.

Backline 3 of four picks itself as Matip and VVD need a rest. Kelleher plays here and if he doesn’t Becker does.

On the bench I’d have Trent (even though he shouldn’t be playing in this) Ox and Hendo potentially Keita and Thiago (if fit).

I’d deffo rest the following though one CB and one Full back will probably be on the bench, unless Ox and Morton play middle and Bradley plays at the back, though it leaves it very much without leadership.

Matip
VVD
Salah
Trent
Robertson
Fabinho

2 Likes

Was a slightly tricky game the last time against them, we’ll see what team they field also. Hopefully ours is not too weak to make it potentially problematic for us.

We’re two wins away here from a SF at Wembley. Let’s go for it.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s not forget 2020 and how half the squad- Robbo in particular- played like they were still drunk in the first game after lifting the trophy, against Manchester City.

Norwich obviously aren’t the same calibre of opponent, but it would still be dangerous to underestimate them.

4 Likes

Just remember that CB’s do a tiny fraction of the running that our FBs, midfielders and forwards do, so I wouldn’t be too bothered about those numbers. If we were playing City every week where Virg would be kept real busy then it would be a different story, but he usually doesn’t have to do a tonne of running.

3 Likes

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Morton*
OxChamb Jones
Gordon Origi Minamino

Big guns on the bench in case of trouble, but in all likelihood I can see Norwich wanting no part of this considering the battle they have ahead of them.

*Heard some suggestion Morton might be injured, in which case we can drop Milner in.

3 Likes

Assume this will be a mixture of senior and youth. Some tough games coming up in the PL but I expect us to take this fairly seriously.

-----------------Ali-----------------
Bradley–Ibra–Joe–Tsmikas
----Elliot–Hendo–Jones------
----Ox-----Origi-----Jota--------

Expect to see Minamino get some action, but hopefully not on the right.

1 Like

Allison in goal. Milner, Konate, Gomez and Tsimikad. Hendo, Jones and Elliot. Up front Taki, Mane and Jota.
Treat this half serious and we are a couple of games from another final.

Oh look, the briljant mr. Atkinson is the referee :face_vomiting:

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referees: Stuart Burt & Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Michael Dean
VAR: John Brooks

It’s the 5th round, the 4th was against Cardiff.

I’d go 9 or 10 changes here, put the cavalry on the bench and make use of 5 subs in the last 30 minutes if we need them.

2 Likes

Norwich team news by WhoScored:

• With Premier League survival at stake, Dean Smith will likely play a second-string side in the FA Cup on Wednesday.
  • Former Liverpool centre-back Ozan Kabak has a decent chance of starting at Anfield to give Ben Gibson and Grant Hanley a rest.
  • Tim Krul was back on the bench at the weekend after recovering from a shoulder injury and he should be back in the starting XI here.

Though Smith just said that Kabak is still struggling a little bit with his injury, so unlikely to play here. Both of their full backs (Aarons and Williams) also having certain issues, we’ll see if they’re out (or left out) or not.

1 Like

Can’t see them risking anything to be honest.

Not bothered he is more “shit” then “devious”.

Thiago is out until at least Milan according to JK. Was hoping he’d at least be available against WestHam.

1 Like

I’m not too bothered as it’s not long term, Keita had his best match against West Ham, ironically his first one as well :rofl:

1 Like

You just know as soon as Thiago is back is when Naby will get injured.

Oh it’s Becker phew, I assume he doesn’t want Becker to have too long a break.