PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

Moreno has handled Mo really well. But Mo is increasingly like a savvy champion boxer. He no longer dominates from the opening bell but takes 4-5 rounds figuring the guy out before finding the thing to exploit and then unloading at the right time

3 Likes

Bring on Nunez. Cut out the unnecessary fouls. Continue to tire them out. We’ll take this 2-0.

1 Like

You just broke COGbot there.

1 Like

It’s a manc, he can’t spell high.

1 Like

Not a bad performance. Had Diaz’s one gone in we would hve been 2-0 or 3-0. Second half we will score early.

1 Like

Diaz unlucky hitting the post. We’ve had some good situations, and then t times the final ball lacking. Restricted Forest to nothing of any note.

Yates finally on a yellow, so see how much he pushes it now. Trent needs to quicken his throws, else he’s going in the book too.

We’ve got a good bench so that will come into play in the final 20 minutes.

1 Like
3 Likes

No, making positive subs and get back to playing with 11 will.

The half has been entertaining and we are obviously by far the better team. But our movement is not good enough to score many goals, too disjoined, not fluid. Ball gets where it should, but a second too slow in context with the run, so harder to get the biggest chances. It’s just a bit off, but a bit is a lot on this level. When we get chances, we lack proper cold blooded murderers who can just stab the knife in without a shred of mercy or second thought, and the take down of long passes too slightly off to get the best chances at times.

All in all a good game to watch, but too open and even Forest can score if we continue to be off. But very entertaining !
I am slightly disappointed though, if shape and fluidity of movement would have been top class, the current result would probably be 2-0.

But we shall have to kill them, and I think we will, in the second half :slight_smile: :metal: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m wondering whether Slot’s plan of keeping the team the same is to get them back into rhythm after the internationals. Because it looks like they need it.

I’m assuming that Forest will tire as the game goes on. God knows what Oliver will do. It’s just random reffing and overruling his assistants.

4 Likes

I am a bit disappointed that chiesa is not on the bench…

3 Likes

We are all looking forward to see him in red. But he trained three times, Slot said. Soon, hopefully.

HT 0-0:

Very intense game. Nottingham Forest make it hard for us to be fair with them. They are up for the fight, and apply massive pressure on the ball. They are there for every challenge, and that’s what hinders our lads to get into full flow. Our lads go into the challenges too, and Oliver allows both sides to go in hard.

We could still have scored a goal or two, and I expect the Forest players to tire down a bit during the second half. Hopefully our lads can then exploit the added space and time and score the goals we deserve. Finger crossed for three points today!

3 Likes

We have them, they just seem to be having an off-day at the moment…

1 Like

West ham…he’ll play :+1:

1 Like

I’d get him on even sooner. Mo hasn’t looked like scoring and while he’s done better setting things up we’ve looked best when he’s left that space for Gravvy. Maybe with Darwin squeezed in there we could see Gravvy and TAA getting more space on the right.

The Oliver gives a foul to Nottingham every time one of their players falls down, and they fall down easily.

First test for Arnie…sort this out son.

1 Like

We need to calm down a bit so we can get the kinda control we need

1 Like

There have been a few occasions indeed, but generally, I’d say that he has allowed the game to flow so far, without interrupting it too much.

2 Likes