PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

Officials announced for the Forest game. Michael “Bloody” Oliver again. Graham Scott will be ignored on VAR when it doesn’t bloody suit him.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the day we celebrate a referee announcement.

Don’t mind Oliver, but he does think he’s gods gift to refereeing, which is rather irritating.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that our crowd don’t start singing…
:notes:"Go And Look - Go And Look - Go And Look :notes: for about 10mins, if he ignores something obvious.
Fans need to bring pressure on him is all

Tiernary and Atwell I’ll join the chorus of boos the rest is a case by case.

Maybe Slot’s bald head is working its magic

1 Like

He used to be a good ref but now seems full of himself

Does that infer that you can go back below?

I actually have a succession plan in place.

I will train my neighbours’ son to take over when I die.

2 Likes

It’s just a fancy way of saying that you are immature and inexperienced in the ways of the world.

well, I am male so that is never changing!

2 Likes

You’re the head of one of these annoying HOAs arent you? Yelling at people because their grass isnt cut weekly, their car is loud, or their bin isnt straight

2 Likes

Nah. I’m a spam bot.

3 Likes

Hopefully everyone comes back ok.

2 Likes

Amateur.

You should have trained him by now.

He did, but they all grow old and die before he does…

2 Likes

I’m fascinated by the question of whether those who didn’t go on international break would have a better chance of playing in this one.

1 Like

I think he’ll go with full strength line-up to try and finish the game off early, then use all 5 subs during the course of second half.

This was always one of my favourite fixtures in the 1980s (well, before Hillsborough, anyway.) One of the best league matches I remember from that period was against Forest in 1982 during Bob Paisley’s last season.

We had taken the lead early but went in 3:2 down at half time and it looked like it was going to end that way going into the last 10 minutes. There were some people already leaving at that point (it was a midweek game so there was always some scramble for the buses afterwards) when we managed to equalise. Right before the final whistle, Rushie grabbed the winner. A full three points when we thought we would get none.

I did have a look to see if it was televised at all, but there doesn’t appear to be any footage (common for midweek games then.) I did find the MotD highlights for the next season’s game. That ended up in a 1:0 victory with Rush grabbing the winner towards the end. Presumably, Clough was playing it on a safety-first basis. Goal is around 14:50 if you are interested:

2 Likes

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1833792609724084302

Elliott injured. Is Jones fit??

2 Likes

It might be a good idea to give Macca a rest for this one. The last thing we need is him aggravating his injury and missing a run of games.
Surely if Endo is good enough to be in the squad he should be good enough to start against Forest.

The subs will be interesting. Will Chiesa get on the bench?

2 Likes

Read somewhere he was back in training either yesterday or Monday, whether he’ll be ready to play…won’t know until the presser.

1 Like