PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

Chiesa’s importance just went up a notch.

1 Like

Not really…they play in different positions and do different things.

This injury puts more pressure on Szobozo if anythihg.

1 Like

You can argue that, but he was also probably our first backup to Salah prior to Chiesa being ready.

Except for Slot doesnt play Elliot where Salah plays, or vice versa :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Also thats precisely why we bought Chiesa in…to cover Mo as Elliot isnt good enough there.

1 Like

In the only appearance he’s made so far this season, Elliott came on for Salah, did he not?

1 Like

Could Chiesa play the Szob role if needed?

Gakpo probably more likely

2 Likes

We’ve got enough forwards to be honest even if the quality drops.

It’s only a shame as this is probably the type of game Elliott would get minutes in.

I think Maca probably should be rested evidently he isn’t totally right and if rest helps it then so be it. We have options.

Seems it’s only Elliott. I expect Chiesa will be an option for Advanced Mid and right side though he can play both sides.

1 Like

During pre season, sure, but most of Elliots work was in midfield…and we’ve brought Chiesa in subsequently.

Anyway, main problem is weve lost Elliot, so someone will play more minutes than we would want.

Another 3 points and Slot really will be sitting pretty :slight_smile:

This is the kind of biting analysis that keeps me logging into TAN on the daily.

From your lip to God’s ear, Hermano.

8 Likes

Oh you’re very welcome. The depth of my footballing insight and analysis would even drown @cynicaloldgit who (given his age) does have issues with people who don’t live in his postcode.

1 Like

Postcodes didn’t exist in my day.

Whippersnapper.

4 Likes

1645?

Haha @cynicaloldgit

Late renaissance period twat.

7 Likes

Three out of four ain’t bad.

1 Like

You’re doing well for nearly 1400 years old!

1 Like

Delighted with a Saturday game. Delighted with a return to proper footy.

With the CL coming up we should start to see a bit of rotation, whether in the league game or the European one. We have a fantastic squad and we should be well placed to put up a good fight in both the Prem and Europe.

My main concern for the Forest game is that we find our groove right away after the disruption. For Forest it is a bit of a free hit as they won’t expect anything at Anfield, but they do have a couple of players who could hurt us if we aren’t on it.

I’d like to see Nunez see some decent time and get a goal. Maybe MacAllister could see a bit of rest if we build a lead, as he isn’t fully up to speed yet?

It would be lovely to keep a clean sheet again, and win it comfortably. I’m hoping for 3-0, something like that, but three points is the main thing.

2 Likes

here we go again

2 Likes