PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

Problem is he’s injury prone, hence why we need additional cover. Hopefully the club can bring in someone before the transfer window…oh no wait…

Chiesa can depute for Mo at the right winger position.

Nyoni can fill in as a sub for Soboszlai in his position.

Actually, I didn’t watch pretty much all of pre-season, I was referring to the only competitive game that Elliott’s played for us so far this season. Who did play there when Salah didn’t during pre-season?

That’s why I made reference to his being ready.

1 Like

How many times are people going ask is Curtis Jones fit?

1 Like

Is Jones fit?

2 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

The answer’s yes, by the way.

1 Like

Late period twat?

Congratulations! :baby:

4 Likes

When Elliot came on for Mo against Brentford, he did in fact take up a place on the right - I thought Szobozo went into Mo’s slot, but it was Elliot there mostly, with Szobozo interchanging with him - my bad.

Re pre-season, against United (3 Aug), it was Mo starting in his usual, with Elliot in midfield, both were taken off with Blair on for Mo.

Against Sevilla (11 Aug), Mo played 90 there - Elliot didn’t start as he played the evening game against Las Palmas on the same day, in midfield, with Doak on Mo’s slot.

Back to Chiesa, I think he would have been first sub for Mo even if Elliot were available, given Slot has been playing him predominantly in midfield.

https://x.com/LFC/status/1834174403090751539?t=nCq11CJOaVpUhH3lnl8Gfg&s=19

Back in the building

7 Likes

Serving the coffees again…

I wouldn’t bend your leg like that Mo :joy:

I don’t doubt that’s the plan, but the question I was referring to was until Chiesa was up to speed.

I can’t get over the orientation of the coffee machine. As it’s behind the bar, I thought it would be facing the other way so the barista could engage with the players.
Suggests @mattyhurst that Mo et al., may indeed make their own too.

1 Like

Can go back to our opening on this - different positions, different roles. If Chiesa isn’t ready, then it’s more likely to be one of the other forwards filling in over Elliot (if he were fit).

1 Like

Seems the first training session after the international break was 6-7 hours ago.

Usually after the international break Klopp had his press conference on Fridays (noon) and they had the first session after that.
So it seems they made some significant schedule changes.

But what confuses me most is the fact that the South American lads are back already.

2 Likes

Now is when rotation needs to start with the champions league next week and just returned from internationals.
Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robertson, Szoboslai, Endo, Gravenberg, Chiesa (if fit enough) Nunez, Diaz.

I still don’t think he’ll change the side for this, i reckon if anything there will be changes for the CL (initial games at least) and the carabao cup. If he rests Mo on what looks an easy game on paper in a season you just know Mo wants to break records i reckon Mos head would explode. If any of our forwards gets a rest i think it will be Diaz, he needs it more than Mo and i don’t think Arne trusts Darwin up front.

2 Likes

Defo time to begin rotating, as games coming fast and furious. I could see Quansah/Konate each starting one of the next two, possibly Bradley, and/or Tsimikas getting a start also. Forest may be a good game to get Curtis a run out, and Macca a little rest, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nyoni or Morton on the bench.

Don’t think Slot doesn’t trust Darwin, just that he was the last back to training preseason, and he wanted to give him some rest. Jota, who played very little at Euros, hit the ground running, but Darwin still got time the past two games. Be surprised not to see him start one of the next two, since he stayed in England training. Will be shocked if Mo isn’t first name on the sheet Saturday for Slot.

1 Like

It’s too early in the Slot reign to guess what his selection will be like. We don’t know him well enough to predict how he’ll approach a situation like this yet.

Personally I’d go with

Ali

Trent Ibou Virg Robbo

Endo

Dom Gravy

Mo Jota Gakkers

But what do I know?

2 Likes