PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

5 Likes

The Slot rotation now kicks off.

Darwin and Gakkers to start.

1 Like

Me and my mates always shout ‘Gakkers!’ when he gets the ball.

1 Like

8 Likes
1 Like

I assume he is fit then?

Might start considering Macca’s injury issue on internationals, maybe…

Do we actually know he left the coffee machine unattended? Is there any confirmation that the guy playing for Egypt was definitely him?

8 Likes

Place holder for the presser which is at 10 o’clock:

For the annoyance of @cynicaloldgit this is 10:00 BST, GMT+1, UTC+1, ZT+1 or 13:30 in IRDT.

7 Likes

It’s fun. You should try it when you get some mates.

1 Like

Good comeback…

But seriously?
Gakkers…Jesus wept.

I.asked for someone to be banned on TIA for calling Sturridge “Studgemuffin”…

You are not yet there, but get a grip man.

3 Likes

I don’t get calling grown men those stupid nicknames. I remember when some posters were calling Henderson a silly name. I can’t remember now what it was but I eventually had to ask who they were talking about… don’t mind Hendo etc but totally unrelated names… nah.

Equally calling opponents Slabhead etc makes me cringe.

3 Likes

Well, that’s just a standard Scouse-ism. Abbreviate the name if needed and add an “o” (or occasionally an “ee”) at the end. Prior to his arrival on Merseyside, Endō was actually called “Endersby”.

5 Likes

I’m sure that Arne and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Arne short and sweet again. Elliott injured, everyone else fit. Don’t ask him about contracts… that’s about it really.

8 Likes

Jesus!

Football should be fun lads. It’s about having a laugh with your mates, banter with the opposition, getting stupidly excited when a bloke kicks a ball.
Yeah, formations and tactics are part of it, of course, but actually it’s a game, and as such can be enjoyed in any way you like. There are enough rules and restrictions in life, why create more?
We all started watching when we were kids. For me it was Keegan posters and listening to the commentary on Radio 2. Personally I like to keep a bit of that childish thrill in my feelings about Liverpool. Nothing wrong with that.

11 Likes

Dude…

Leave the fun to those of us who are funny.

5 Likes

1 Like

Knickers in a twist?

Everyone loves proper nicknames, its all part of life…
But Gakkers?

1 Like