PreMatch | Liverpool vs Shrewsbury | FA Cup 3rd Round | Sunday Jan 9th 14:00h | Anfield

I doubt that anyone would get more than 6 players right.

With the training center reopened, I guess today (Friday) we will have the first session since the latest outbreak. The session will give us the idea which players are available.

1 Like

although the way things have gone it could end up going to a ballot of season-ticket holders and members who’ve attended the last 14 FA Cup ties at Anfield.

I’m packing my boots and starting my trek incase they need a 42yo heavy smoking, 2 left feet RB that pulled a hammy trying to catch a bus the last time I attempted to run. I’m ready for this!

4 Likes

Hopefully no one else gets it what with the important league and semi final ahead.

But it’s obvious what the narrative will be based on depending the result.

I’d be happy if we play those who reported having it but now probably are over it. I think the team needs some semblance of famility.

You only have to see our U23 games in the EFL Trophy that it won’t be easy against them.

I hope they play Becker to be honest, though being the only keeper probably available they may have too.

I think we know of six players who should be available then beyond that who knows. My concern is risking those without it against a team who don’t have the same testing procedures.

Becker
VVD
Fabinho
Firmino
Matip
Jones

All recorded it, and Hendo was Ill but didn’t record a positive so you wonder if it was one of those anomaly with him.

The rest could all have it or have had it, we really don’t know and three of the six of that lot could still be testing positive.

I think This is Anfield jumped the gun on our U18 game getting cancelled it wasn’t for call up, the centre had been closed the day before.

1 Like

Here goes…

Alisson
Neco, Matip, Van Dijk, Beck
Morton, Fabinho, Jones
Gordon, Bobby, Minamino

Players in bold had Covid so lower risk that they play and probably need a game anyway

2 Likes

Robbo would be available for this, I’d think I’d play him if he hasn’t had it.

1 Like

I think Alisson and Matip could still be self isolating.

Yeah Robbo does need a game, IF he doesn’t currently have it

2 Likes

Echo reporting that they’ve returned from isolation

Peter K takes charge, eh?
Totally unfair to the Tea Lady who was looking forward to finally managing the team in an official game.

She was caught giving preferencial treatment to a certain young lad so her objectiveness was called into question. :joy:

The tea lady might have Covid anyhow.

We have at least one starting player all but confirmed. Morton’s done an interview for the offal;

1 Like

That’s 7 then.

This reminds me when I was captain of an amateur team in mid feb and you were trying to get a bare 11 together.

2 Likes

No one ballsy enouh to make the tough call and through a debut to the clubs new 42yo, fat, chain smoking 2 left feet Aussie.

how could someone with such experience give a kid 2 lumps of sugar in his tea? Totally unforgivable mistake :wink:

1 Like

Best team we can please, as I sadly think that City will romp the league, let’s have some shiny Wembley cups please.

3 Likes

I think we’ll play a strong team, mostly because we haven’t played for ages and this game almost takes on the role of a pre-season friendly.

Although I don’t think anyone has a clue who we’ll play. Including Klopp. It probably comes down to who can they get negative tests through for on Saturday.

8 Likes

I think the entire league is going to have to get used to this version of the new normal. This strain/s of Covid (each subsequent version theoretically weaker) will be here for a while, and I think everyone will start playing even if they are asymptomatic and will sit out if the symptoms are stronger like in the “old” days when player were not in the squad due to illness (stomach bug, flu, serious cold).

I wonder how the asymptomatic players feel like after training, assuming some of them train while they are positive. I assume some of them train as they don’t know they have anything till the next test.

We have won these types of games with significantly weaker teams, and lost with our strongest teams. I don’t think the lineup is going to determine the outcome, it’s going to be the mentality of the team which has been very weak recently. I’m still pissed we didn’t play the other day, got psyched for the game. I do understand the decision, but it doesn’t help me feel disappointed about missing some entertainment.

1 Like