PreMatch | Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool | FA Cup Quarter Final | Sunday March 20th 18:00h | City Ground

Hoping for a win without much Drama.

Kelleher
Milner Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Ox Jones Keita
Elliott Minamino Origi

Y.N.W.A.

5 Likes

Forest had a good win tonight, 3-1 at home to QPR.

It’d be dangerous to underestimate them but, yeah, we should win comfortably enough.

7 Likes

Playing at home with a cup semi-final at stake, Forest will give us a game. There will definitely be changes in our starting XI, but not a wholesale change.

1 Like

Unfortunately drama surrounds the FA cup, Forest are on a hell of a run so this is by no means a walkover and may need to field a stronger than normal line up to progress.

4 Likes

Spence and Johnson the danger men

1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

Honestly, as long as we don’t have an emotional let-down after the big win at the Emirates, we should be good enough to win this and progress.

11 Likes

Firmino is in need of a start. Jota should be involved too, possibly from the bench.

3 Likes

This is a chance to reach the semi-final, play a proper team. :+1:

5 Likes

Thing is, we can make changes and still field an incredibly strong team that wouldn’t look put of place in the PL

8 Likes

Kelleher

Milner/Konate/Gomez/Tsimi

Jones/Hendo/Naby

Minamino/Bobby/Div

Gives Diaz/Diogo/Mo/Sadio a rest, as well as Fab/Thiago, and the defence. Hendo and Milly off at the 60 min mark - Hendo for one of Fab/Thiago to keep hold of the game but allow plenty of rest time for Hendo as well. Milly because he usually looks shagged after 60 mins - could move Gomez out to RB and bring on one of Matip/VVD just to see out the game. Also bring on Harvey for one of Jones or Naby - whoever is having the better game stays on.

2 Likes

Strongest team, no need to rotate. International fucking break.

8 Likes

0-3!

1 Like

Are all the players getting two weeks off? I thought there might be some games in there.

Must win game.

No doubt but I mean don’t play with 4 or 5 academy players

1 Like

I think Jota should start, he needs minutes to build on his goal from last night.

Maybe something crazy like a midfield of Elliot - Keita - Jones…

1 Like

All for rotation but this is a FA cup quarter, the winner goes to the semi at Wembley and it’s another part of a potential quadruple.

Do not rotate for sake of rotating

Ali
Trent Konate VVD Robbo
Milner Fabinho Keita
Salah Bobby Jota

Get the game won and then think about the likes of
Div
Minamino
Ox
Jones
Elliott
Diaz (if needed)

From the bench.

We have got 5 subs i would rotate in game start fairly strong and bring on players if needed or rest more first teamers on 60 mins…quads at stake…YNWA

In my view the rotations will be

Kelleher
Tsimikas if fit
Konate
Keita
Firmino
Salah

It’s a bit ridiculous that even after resting half the starting XI players like Curtis, Elliott, Minamino can’t break in.

We should stick to the second string selection approach right through until we get to the final. If Klopp changes to full strength for the semis, in the middle of a month where we play a minimum of 8 games we could regret it.
Remember May, hopefully, is not going to be easy either, with the postponement of the PL Villa game for the FA Cup SF on 16th April and a rearranged So’ton fixture to fit in if we’re in the final. Second leg of the CL Semis in early May mid-week too.